Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
Do you walk long distances? Like miles every day schlepping around gear? I doubt it. Is that whopping 1.5 pounds difference really going to break your poor arms and back? Your willing to buy a laptop gimped with only one port but your concerned about HD space? Id assume you do everything in the cloud if you are willing to deal with only one port, HD space shouldn't really matter. Colors? lol. Sounds like you want a toy rather than a productive machine for work. Get the rMB then.

I'm buying the toy too. Also, I bike 10mi to work each way, fatty. Also, I travel internationally several times a year. I have a more powerful machine at work and home, but for traveling I want the lightest machine possible in which I can still get some writing, note-taking, on the fly data analysis, presentation work, and web browsing.

I could buy a 13" MBA which is lighter, but I don't really need the processing power for what I want to do and I like the retina screen and smaller footprint.

Don't be such a snob... He's not reaching into your pocket to buy the computer.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Do you walk long distances? Like miles every day schlepping around gear? I doubt it. Is that whopping 1.5 pounds difference really going to break your poor arms and back? Your willing to buy a laptop gimped with only one port but your concerned about HD space? Id assume you do everything in the cloud if you are willing to deal with only one port, HD space shouldn't really matter. Colors? lol. Sounds like you want a toy rather than a productive machine for work. Get the rMB then.

I actually do...and I know from a couple of attempts to bond with the 11" MBA that it makes a very big difference...and that's why I'm thinking about buying the rMB. YMMV, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean the machine is a toy.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I don't walk long distances with my laptop nor do I bring it many places. I admit it that I'm into looks over function when it comes to this purchase. The computer will meet my needs so why not go with the looks?

It's my money!

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.