Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaraH

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
DC
step 1: log on to a windows forum

step 2: post a long rant starting with the following:

"Hi,

This post is not flamebait, and neither am I looking to get a cheap rise out of the Windows community. So please take these comments on board with the genuine spirit in which they are intended. I'm not being disrespectful or anything like that - these are my genuine thoughts...

I've always been an Apple user from Apple DOS 3.3 all the way to OSX Lion. I'm a developer - a techie.

I bought a PC a couple of years ago and I'M SORRY BUT I JUST DON'T GET what the fuss is about.

I really am struggling to understand why there is so much emotion around having a PC and why MacOS is hated by the Windows community so much. Honestly I've tried. I promise I have. I just cannot understand why people rave on so much about their PC!..."

3) detail all sorts of points, toss in plenty of flamebait

4) What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

RCAFBrat

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
Montreal, QC
My son needed a new computer so we just picked up an iMac; pretty sweet but I dont't get to play with it!

This is a simple example why I am happy:

Since there was no convenient way to print from the iMac to our HP printer (USB only) in the basement and it needed a new ink cartridge anyway, I picked up a $50 wireless printer from Best Buy. Configuring our iPad and the iMac to print took a couple of minutes at most even though I had no clue where to start.

On the other hand:

- it took about a half hour to set up my daughter's Windows 7 laptop (could not find and install network printer using setup from control panel so I did the recommended install from the included CD-ROM; it installed a couple of programs I don't want and haven't taken the time yet to go and uninstall them)

- it took about ten minutes to set up our old Windows XP desktop (did an advanced install of required drivers only after having seen what the recommended install was like), not including the time it took to start up, update the anti-virus and then restart

This is consistent with what a techie friend at work told me; our office is totally Dell but he made a business case for buying a MBA to configure networks, connected devices, etc on the fly. No hassles at all with the MBA and instead of $300 software for a Windows PC he found what he needed in the MAS for under $10. Biggest saving of course is in time not wasted. He also says the only reason he has anti-virus software on his Mac at home is so that he does not inadvertently pass on a nasty email attachment to a Windows user.

I can't see myself buying another Windows PC again.

mizaco

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2013
I don't know what's wrong with you, but it's great.

However I will sell mine and just get an external monitor and hook my air up to it.

zedzded

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
Perth, Australia
I have used Windows operating systems at home and at work since 3.11, so 95:confused: , 98:(, 2000:rolleyes:, XP :eek:, Vista :eek: and now Windows 7 so I know them intimately and for me jumping to OS/X was hard. Doing the most basic tasks was difficult. There are things about Macs that $h!t me to tears, stuff that takes multiple steps to do whereas in Windows it can be done in one easy step and of course vice versa. So I would be hard pressed trying to sell the idea that OS/X is much better than Windows. But what I can say is, in 2 years my Mac Desktop has not crashed once. It is incredibly stable. It doesn't hang, it is as solid as a rock. Windows 7 isn't bad in that department, but my work computer still hangs occasionally, blue screens, not as often as previous MS OS's, but it still happens. However for me, I gave up on Microsoft when Vista came out. Totally disgusted with that pig of an operating system, I mean did they even test it out? I won't go back to Windows on principal alone. I think if you were to compare Windows 7 & OS/X together, there would not be a huge disparity in performance and functionality, but I think you have to take into consideration Microsoft's track record of designing god awful operating systems. Windows 7 might be OK, but do you really want to use something from company that produced Vista?

Last edited:

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
short answer, doesnt sound like a mac is for you, and im not sure you do actually want it to be.

for me, a mac is better. for a lot of people i know, a mac is better, but for some of them for different reasons a pc is better.

my mate bought a 300 quid laptop because he wants to check email, go on the internet and play football manager. it was better for him to buy a pc, basically because of the price.

a colleague is a heavy gamer, computers are for playing games and downloading games, a pc is better.

longer answer....

Hi,

This post is not flamebait, and neither am I looking to get a cheap rise out of the Mac community. So please take these comments on board with the genuine spirit in which they are intended. I'm not being disrespectful or anything like that - these are my genuine thoughts...

I've always been a Windows user from 3.1 all the way to 8. I'm a developer - a techie.

I bought an iMac 10.1 a couple of years ago and I'M SORRY BUT I JUST DON'T GET what the fuss is about.

I really am struggling to understand why there is so much emotion around having a Mac and why Windows is hated by the Mac community so much. Honestly I've tried. I promise I have. I just cannot understand why people rave on so much about their Mac!why does it upset you that people are happy with their computer

The argument that Windows is not stable and so prone to viruses is very old now, and frankly a bit boring.but in terms of viruses, pretty accurate Personally, I run Windows 7 and as a developer, I take it to the max and have never found any issue. It's rock solid for me. Whatever I develop, device drivers, very complex math routines, huge memory requirements, etc. it just works. im on a fairly new office pc. its running windows 7 as IT dont like windows 8. its running internet explorer 10 i think. i work in a hotel. guests ask me to help them by printing boarding passes, look for flights etc....i have to keep going back to IT with "right now jet2.com when i get to printing boarding passes it doesnt open. clicking on the reservations system gets me a "your colour system isnt compatible with this page, changed to windows basic" every time.And I've never had a virus either. our office pc has had many and my home mac has never seen one.

I run Windows on several servers, desktops and laptops. It runs great on everything I own. No Issue. EVER.

I find the Mac 10.1 (500 GB HD, Mountain Lion) 4GB RAM pretty slow. All I hear is the hard drive chugging away, like nothing is ever cached. In contrast, I have a virtually identical spec Windows PC - runs like a dream.it is a pretty old underpowered machine with a core2duo processor but my old mac mini 2009 was even less powered and it worked fine up til i bought an imac last month. could there be a fault with the drive?

I think the way some of the programs are designed (like leather bound diaries and wooden bookshelves) a bit patronising to be honest.i like it, apple doesnt now but im really struggling as to how it could be patronising. whats wrong with your on screen diary looking like a diary, why does it make you feel like a dummy? or do you hark back to the days of dos where you got a sense of pride from remembering the key sequences? Are we really dummies? Do we need to relate our little on-screen diary to the one I have on my desk?

I REALLY CANNOT get used to this ridiculous touchy mousy thingy. If I just touch the mouse in the wrong position for a millisecond a window zooms off the screen! buy a new mouse, your mac will work with any mouse your pc will And when I try to maximize a window, it doesn't actually maximize (i.e. take up the whole window - e.g. Safari).i have the opposite on my work pc. whenever im trying to rearrange 2 windows from different apps, say outlook and excel so i can see both, and im moving one anywhere remotely near the edge of the screen, it thinks i want ful screen, drives me up the wall.

I really am struggling to find anything at all you can do on a Mac that you can't do equally well (or better) on Windows. The available software for PC totally dwarfs Mac.but really, apart from games is there anything useful (for mainstream people) that you cant get on a mac And all the top stuff like Adobe Photoshop CS6, etc. is available for Windows anyway.true, these days the differences are far less than before, and when you are using an app, theres not a difference Gone are the days where if you were a designer, it had to be a Mac, in my opinion.doesnt have to be a mac. but then there were times when it had to be a pc, those are gone too

I'm sure you will all disagree, but I personally think ITunes is one of the worst-designed pieces of professional software ever. It's JUST AWFUL.i think its fab, but a lot of pc users dont like it, all i hear is " you cant drag and drop". you can but why would you want to??? for music, it 'just works', tidying everything up, downloading covers, streaming...funny that lots of pc users rightly like Plex for their movies and Calibre for their books but dont like itunes for the same reasons they like plex and calibre. but you never have to use itunes if you are on a mac any more than you have to use itunes if you are on a pc. of course you can if you want to on both

It makes me laugh every time I see a feature in the Mac that Apple has put an "i" in front of, or give it a fancy name, to claim it's theirs. "Expose" - it's a desktop manager. Brilliant. "Mission Control" - it's a menu with programs in it. well at least they didnt call it Windows 8 which is what microsoft did Brilliant. "Time Machine" - previous versions of filesbut done in a way thats very intuitive for a non techy user . Brilliant.

Am I missing something, or does this sound like the Marketing Department gets the bulk of the budget at Apple? so microsoft dont spend a lot of money on marketing? how many tens of millions did they spend marketing a telephone that sold somewhere south of 9000 units, some say as little as 500.....

I think Apple's claim that it is the "World's Most Advanced Operating System" is a bit rich, to be honest. It doesn't even have a built-in software uninstaller! (e.g. Windows Add/Remove programs) That's not particularly advanced, is it?i must admit, ive never thought, i wish there was a built in software uninstaller. i thought thats what the trash was for.

I hear in Mountain Lion one of the "key features" is that you can now have full-screen apps. Windows has had that since, well I can't remember how long ago it's that long ago.

And apparently in Mountain Lion, another "key feature" is the advanced App Store. I bet it is. More $$$.no, the same amount of €€€ just apple are making an easy way of steering the sales to them. personally i prefer steam for my games but its the same idea.

What I particularly dislike is Apple's very aggressive and domineering stance when it comes to things like the AppStore and having open protocols, etcwhy did you buy a mac then if you hate them so much are you a masochist. Everything is closed - everything goes through Apple. This used to be one of the biggest criticisms of Microsoft - but they have changed SO MUCH in the last few years. They are really embracing open source technologies. Their flagship development framework is totally open source, for examplebut their disc format isnt.....

On the contrary, Apple seem to be adopting the opposite approach with the AppStore, for example. I know I'm talking about the iOS specifically here, but they have single-handedly killed off Flash by not allowing it in to iOS. You may argue that's a good thing because it is. - but what right did they have for doing that?because its a good thing. They hide behind the official rationale that it's buggyit is. thats why they dropped it. thats why everyone else is now dropping it, and its as dead as a dead thing. (there's plenty of other buggy stuff in iOS). The real reason is because you can write apps in Flash - and that means bypassing the AppStore and therefore bypassing paying Apple. nope, its because it was buggy.the proof that you are wrong is that apple have pushed html 5 instead, an open standards better way of doing it, including writing web apps if thats what you want.It's that kind of attitude that annoys me slightly. Microsoft would have been butchered for doing that, but when Apple does it, nobody seems to care!because its a good thing

Anyway, this was supposed to be about my iMac, so let's get back to that.

My *honest* opinion is this:

The iMac looks cool. I mean it really does. It's gorgeous - a work of art. which is actually an important point for a lot of mainstream users. my imac is in the lounge. id have been cheaper with a mac mini and cheap monitor but imac looks nice in my lounge.
But isn't that it? Is there more function behind the form, that I'm just not seeing?looks good. works well. whats not to like.

Like I said at the start, I WANT to love my iMac not sure if i believe you to be honest- that's where all the apparently cool kids are these days. But I JUST DON'T GET IT.

So, please convince me. no one will convince you. its up to you what you prefer. as a developer and self confessed techie a pc might even be better for you, especially as youve used windows since day one. its like cars. for me an automatic car is far better, but other people might genuinely be better off with a manual (stick) car and others might just like them better. im not going to persuade them.What is it I'm missing?

Thanks.

joema2

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2013
...I've always been a Windows user from 3.1 all the way to 8. I'm a developer - a techie...I really am struggling to understand why there is so much emotion around having a Mac and why Windows is hated by the Mac community so much...The argument that Windows is not stable and so prone to viruses is very old now, and frankly a bit boring....I run Windows on several servers, desktops and laptops. It runs great on everything I own. No Issue. EVER...I find the Mac 10.1 (500 GB HD, Mountain Lion) 4GB RAM pretty slow. All I hear is the hard drive chugging away, like nothing is ever cached....I really am struggling to find anything at all you can do on a Mac that you can't do equally well (or better) on Windows. The available software for PC totally dwarfs Mac. And all the top stuff like Adobe Photoshop CS6, etc. is available for Windows anyway...So, please convince me. What is it I'm missing?...

I have used Windows since 1.0, had a Mac in 1984 and my wife has a 2012 iMac 27.

Properly configured Windows is very stable and on the server side, vastly more scalable than Mac OS. The top 10 TPC-E database benchmarks are all held by Windows server. These are huge multi-processor servers capable of 5,000 transactions per second: http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_perf_results.asp

That said, on the desktop Windows has stagnated and there have been slipshod bugs, truly shoddy fit and finish, and a lackadaisical approach to fixing these. One of the most notorious is the Explorer "jump down" bug where the folder will spontaneously jump away from your cursor, causing a file copy to land in the wrong place. This has existed since Vista, there have been hundreds of forum threads detailing it (including videos), was finally escalated to Balmer (???!!), who agreed to fix it in Windows 8. It should have never shipped, and the idea the CEO must referee a bug fix is beyond belief. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...priately/50a81b05-da98-4d55-821d-55ffbbd0e998

Major apps like Word, Excel, Premiere Pro, etc. run perfectly well on both Windows and Mac OS. If you primarily live in an app, the underlying OS may not make much difference.

However if you do more varied work and frequently interact with the OS desktop and do file operations, Mac OS has much more polished fit and finish.

From a performance standpoint, they seem about the same on similar hardware. I have run numerous benchmarks on my 4Ghz quad-core i7-875K with a RAID 0 drive array vs my wife's 2012 iMac 27 3.4Ghz with 3TB Fusion drive (both with 16GB RAM), and in general the iMac is faster in both CPU and disk. The iMac's GPU isn't as fast as my GTX-660, but that's expected.

A major upcoming issue is the Windows Metro/Modern UI. Microsoft has essentially sidelined further development of the desktop UI. However the Modern tile-based UI (and underlying API) is not capable of supporting a complex app like full-featured Photoshop. It simply doesn't have the UI constructs. Microsoft has not demonstrated (even in prototype form) a complex app like full-featured Excel or Photoshop ported to the Modern UI. They have not even articulated a future development path for getting there.

On the Apple side the Mac OS desktop UI is still being robustly developed. If you work with complex apps, and want continued development of the supporting OS and UI, it appears that Apple is the only choice.

Last edited:

aggri1

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
I used to be an avid Mac fan. Then along came Mac OS X. Finder got crap. Everything became really slow (except disk copies, that was the only thing I ever did that got faster with X, at least the early versions). I know lots of people these days say how bad Mac OS was, but at least Finder windows remembered their view settings and opened in the same place as you last closed them, the Trash window didn't reset to default all the time (shows the stupid sidebar EVERY TIME the Finder restarts), etc... It just seemed so much more consistent with Mac OS 9 - attention to detail.

And yeah I also hate Apple's mice. They seem to use five-year-old's hands as sizing guides.

My iMac spends more time in Windows these days.

Hey, use whatever works for you.

ashamam

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
@threadstarter
* golf clap *

excellent work son, excellent work.

signed,
troll admirer.

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
I've used Apple IIe back in the day. I coded with it, and played around with Logo for so long back then.

Otherwise, I've been a Windows user. I bought an iMac in March of this year, and I've loved learning the OSX. Yes, I was able to do everything I wanted to in Windows, but wanted something new [to me].

Sure, things are awkward, and I don't understand a lot of the reasons things are done the way they are from a logistical standpoint of the OS, but I usually find it's just something I didn't know how to do.

Is it better? For me, I am more productive compared to Windows. Even though, I'm so much more able to get around Windows, I've been using it for so long. I'm enjoying the learning a new OS. There isn't really anything that I dislike at this point. Again, when I run into a wall or "how the "F" do I do this?" kinda mood, it's usually based on the lack of knowing how to do it; rather it being something hard to do in OSX.

I dunno, I don't see why someone wouldn't be able to get it.

I'm the only one in the house of five that uses this. Everyone else has their own laptop, or gaming PC; all on Windows 7. My son, a junior in HS right now, uses a mac for engineering stuff, and he likes it there.

Choctaw

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
s, I've been using it for so long. I'm enjoying the learning a new OS. There isn't really anything that I dislike

This was a real simple understandable post. It tells us that if you like something, it makes you have an enjoyable attitude. If you don't, then why ask someone else to help you like it......just don't use it, don't complain about it, and don't even think about it anymore. Just move on with a computer that fits your needs.

Other wise blowing off about your lack of understanding why others are satisfied and you are not, kind of seems as if your having a product war in your mind which is not necessary. Just repeat after me, I have found the perfect pc, I could not ask for more, it's not deaf or dumb or over priced and came from the PC Store !

Choctaw

Caromsoft

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
I have to agree with you in terms of integration between h/w and o/s. At the end of the day, you're plugging Apple in to Apple.
It's not just Apple into Apple. I am involved in radio controlled airplanes. There is a USB device made by who knows who that allows one to program a transmitter via the computer. On Windows there is endless problems getting this device to work because of driver issues. On my Mac I plugged it in and it worked right away.

By the way, I have used Windows since version 2, and have been a Windows based computer consultant for 24 years. I switched to Macs in our house a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
I have worked with computers since early DOS days ... through Windows up to Vista and then jumped over to MAC. Vista was a flop 'beta' piece of garbage that end users had to pay for with money and frustration. My fav OS remains with OS/2. What we see is that best/superior means nothing and marketing and fan-dumb means everything.

Windows is not a great operating system by any stretch of the imagination. OSX has its foundations on a variant of Unix which also is an older OS. This makes Windows, Linux/Unix and OSX all old systems with Win and OSX having bright new fluffy faces where Windows still has bloat and OSX insists that adding features is more important than truly improving code (efficiency).

I use Win 7 in virtual for select applications and beyond that, I prefer to just deal with it in the work place. Win 8 is a sad joke and a very poor implementation of the phone/tablet world.

However, we will agree that on some instances, Win-tel outshines OSX. Both MS and Apple insist on the more horsepower philosophy rather than more efficient use of hardware. What is sad is that we don't get 10,000 times more performance out of these newer machines than some of the DOS apps running on an early Pentium.

In summary - for home use and certain work tasks I'll happily remain with Apple (and all its nonsense) and in the work environment (networked) I'll totally understand the use of Windows (XP and 7) over Macs. The irony being that Apple machines early on were designed to be networked while PCs were not (that is really true) and now we see that Windows is a better choice in a networked large business platform.

This is just my peanuts from the gallery.

Y So Jelly

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2013
I feel the same way as OP. The Macbook Air is the only current apple product I would (and did) buy.

Aug 26, 2008
OP, I don't get the whole "OSX is more responsive" stuff I hear either. I use OSX 90% in personal use, yet I know Window is easily and without question the faster feeling OS. It's not even close.

It's really odd when I see people try and espouse the opposite. It's like reading something from bizarro world. Makes me think people just say things they want to believe are true.

----------

I have worked with computers since early DOS days ... through Windows up to Vista and then jumped over to MAC. Vista was a flop 'beta' piece of garbage that end users had to pay for with money and frustration. My fav OS remains with OS/2. What we see is that best/superior means nothing and marketing and fan-dumb means everything.

Windows is not a great operating system by any stretch of the imagination. OSX has its foundations on a variant of Unix which also is an older OS. This makes Windows, Linux/Unix and OSX all old systems with Win and OSX having bright new fluffy faces where Windows still has bloat and OSX insists that adding features is more important than truly improving code (efficiency).

I use Win 7 in virtual for select applications and beyond that, I prefer to just deal with it in the work place. Win 8 is a sad joke and a very poor implementation of the phone/tablet world.

However, we will agree that on some instances, Win-tel outshines OSX. Both MS and Apple insist on the more horsepower philosophy rather than more efficient use of hardware. What is sad is that we don't get 10,000 times more performance out of these newer machines than some of the DOS apps running on an early Pentium.

In summary - for home use and certain work tasks I'll happily remain with Apple (and all its nonsense) and in the work environment (networked) I'll totally understand the use of Windows (XP and 7) over Macs. The irony being that Apple machines early on were designed to be networked while PCs were not (that is really true) and now we see that Windows is a better choice in a networked large business platform.

This is just my peanuts from the gallery.

Man, this is just not true. MS lowered the requirements for Windows 8. It runs better than Windows 7 on the same hardware.

gagecloutier

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
If you're content developing for one OS, sell the iMac and buy a Windows based machine. However, I prefer Macs as my primary platform for virtualization software. I have OS X, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Linux all running... At all times on my maxed-out 2012 27" iMac. It's perfect for me and development because I don't want to confine myself to one OS. While I'm currently focusing on Obj. C and Xcode, I still may find some scenarios for class work where I need to hop into Visual Studio... And I can within ~5 secs.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
What I particularly dislike is Apple's very aggressive and domineering stance when it comes to things like the AppStore and having open protocols, etc. Everything is closed - everything goes through Apple. This used to be one of the biggest criticisms of Microsoft - but they have changed SO MUCH in the last few years. They are really embracing open source technologies. Their flagship development framework is totally open source, for example.

http://opensource.apple.com

Could you point me to the part of the MSDN where I can download the source code for Internet Explorer's rendering engine, the Windows NT kernel or NTFS?

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
OP, I don't get the whole "OSX is more responsive" stuff I hear either. I use OSX 90% in personal use, yet I know Window is easily and without question the faster feeling OS. It's not even close.

It's really odd when I see people try and espouse the opposite. It's like reading something from bizarro world. Makes me think people just say things they want to believe are true.

----------

Man, this is just not true. MS lowered the requirements for Windows 8. It runs better than Windows 7 on the same hardware.

"runs better" ??? do you mean the code behind was fixed? Don't you get tired of being a paying beta member of the MS club? Enough said.

Nuke61

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Columbia, SC
Rather than go point by point I'll just relay my experience.

I was a Windows user since 3.11 WFWG, all the way through Windows Vista at home, and 7 at work. My primary use of a computer at home, other than the routine internet and banking stuff, is picture and video editing. With my last Windows computer I used Pinnacle for editing, but the problem was that it often crashed halfway through the rendering process. I tried Sony Vegas Pro (trial) and the editing/rendering worked great -- fast and no crashes. The problem was that for some reason it would not import video from my video camera, so I had to use Pinnacle to do the importing. Since Vegas couldn't "see" my video camera, I was extremely reluctant to spend the ~$500 to purchase it.

What I decided to do was try the Hackintosh route, because I'd read so much about how good the iMovie software was, easily good enough for a consumer or even pro-sumer video editor like me. I was able to use my existing Windows computer to install a Hackintosh setup because it pretty closely matched the then current Mac hardware (this was about 4 years ago) so I gave it a shot. Everything I'd read about iMovie, at least for me, turned out to be true. It was easy to use, rock solid, and worked really well. It saw my video camera, was easy to edit, and never crashed. It was like the best of Pinnacle and Vegas rolled into one.

Since then I've found stuff in OSX that I used to have to pay extra to do on Windows. Print to PDF, edit PDFs, including annotation, adding a signature, deleting pages, combining PDFs, saving as an encrypted PDF.

We moved in the past few days and previously I had a Brother 2270DW setup as the default printer. In the corporate apartment they supply wireless networking as well as their router box. The network name is completely different, but I hooked up the 2270DW to their router and just decided to try and print to it. I got an error message saying the printer could not be found, searching for printer. About 10 seconds later, the print job went to the 2270 even though it was on a new network and I had done nothing to reconfigure it. I don't know if something similar would have happened had I been using Windows, so maybe it's no different, but the fact that I could do this is pretty cool.

Another positive is the ability to use the Option boot key for instantaneous recovery from a disk failure. What I mean is that I back up the boot drive to a 2nd or even 3rd drive, and if the boot drive fails, I can reboot using the Option key and be up in running in quite literally, less than 1 minute. I know this because I've had to use this feature with my laptop.

Anyway, as a fairly tech savvy (but not a programmer) Windows user from the very earliest days, I never understood why the Apple fans raved about the Mac either. But after the switch from Windows Vista to a Hackintosh and then to to real thing, I find that it's just a bunch of little things that just seem easier to do on the Mac make me appreciate it.

Woyzeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
Major apps like Word, Excel, Premiere Pro, etc. run perfectly well on both Windows and Mac OS. If you primarily live in an app, the underlying OS may not make much difference.

I have to disagree here. MS Office for Mac is a joke compared to the Windows version of it. It's unstable, lacks features and I hate it. Of course that's not Apple's fault but instead Microsoft's lack of support, but the absence of a good (read: compatible) office suite on OSX is my biggest problem with the Mac world and one of the major reasons why Macs are not adopted by enterprises.

Currently I'm using native Office for Mac and virtualized (original) Office for Windows, but both suck. While the OSX version is done in a mediocre way using Office in Parallels lacks usability (especially the keyboard mapping).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.