Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
UK
It all started when I woke up the iMac (the one in my sig for specs) from sleep and all I got was the blue login screen background, no white dialogue box for logging in or anything. So, after waiting for it to sort itself out, I tried a variety of keyboard commands, but still had to turn it off at the back. Now when ever I boot up from off, the light on the chin illuminates solidly, and the screen remains off (the HD whirrs into action also). It takes about 10-15 seconds for the 'hummm' sound to happen before booting as normal.

Before this the iMac would be at the login screen in about 10 seconds from pressing the on button. I also get a fair bit of beachball and some freezes in safari now on. It was all going so perfectly before...:(

Anyone know what may have happened/how to get it back to normal? Or will it have to be reinstall of OS X :( ...?

Thanks for any help! :)

Mr Ikasu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2004
My iMac G5 (iSight) also does what sounds to be the same thing.

I had problems with the mac a few months back and took it to be repaired and a new logic board was fitted.

I very rarely boot from off but when I do I always mean to try and find out why it's doing waiting so long before actually booting.

Any ideas appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.