Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Hi all!

The last time I have some random crashing on my iMac. I really don't know what's happening here.. I already tried to reinstall MacOS (format the disk and reinstall it) - but that didn't work.

I copied the details of my computer crash and pasted it on pastebin here; http://pastebin.com/XyYVmAFV

I hope that somebody can point out what's happening here, thanks! If you maybe need some info, pls comment below!

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Looks like it might have something to do with a driver for an attached USB device. Disconnect all your USB devices except for your keyboard and mouse and see if you can start while holding down the shift key.

Sankel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Thanks JohnDS! My iMac will start no matter what. The crash is just very random and not every day, week or month.

I have multiple USB-devices attached all the time, like; External Sound driver; Scarlet 2i2, USB hub, Logitech receiver, 2 external HDD's.

It's a bit hard to wait for nothing, since the errors are not common on my iMac.

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Is the hub a powered hub? If not, you may have a problem with your USB bus not delivering enough power for multiple devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.