Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
What do you guys think? I just realized the MacBook at 1299 is faster than a intel iMac at 1299 (2 ghz Macbook and a 1.8 ghz iMac).

It's been about 4-5 months since the iMac's went to Intel, and since then they haven't been updated.

I'm thinking there is going to be some shifting around with the iMac line to make up for the new All-in-One that is supposed to come in September.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
The MacBook(i started to type iBook:( ) is not as fast as the iMac, the Clock Speed might be faster but when you factor how little 170Mhz help the MacBook when the iMac has a full sized hardrive, reall Graphic's card, ect, its clear the iMac is faster

That said Apple should not let the iMac Clock Speed be beaten by the MacBook because to "normal" person it may look like the iMac is slower.

*Read Normal as not computer person who know what the clock speed really is and how much it effect a over all computer's speed

Also i think this has been cover before

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.