Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
So ive posted a few times now about me planning to buy myself a mac. I was planning to buy a 20" iMac. The thing is, is that I havnt really got a great deal of space where I am, and now that there is talk of a Intel iBook soon Im wondering weather I should wait for that.

It will be great for saving space and being portable, but im not planning to travel that much really.

I really cant make my mind up.

Can anyone help me...again

Thanks

ajo

crazydrumma

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
Chicago
I say wait...

I would say wait. I mean, a 20 inch iMac is nice, but are you really going to need the massive hard drive? The ibook's portability and wifi reception are awesome. Sure, the hard drive is going to be smaller, but it's portable! With an iMac, it solves the problem of having a desktop take up desk space, but you can't transport it easily. I would say wait for the intel ibook. We're not sure exactly what it will be like, but it will be better than the current ibooks, which are good as it is.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
The thing I like about the iMac is the big screen, I will be using it to watch movies so a big screen is nice.

Im useless at making up my mind.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
If you won't be moving the computer around, it would make little sense to buy iBook replacement over iMac. You get much bigger and better screen, much more hard disk space (photos, music, videos can quickly eat up lots of space), and faster performance. No contest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.