1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Image Access Problem in Xocde Screen saver project.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by DeepBhavsar, Mar 26, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone

I am new to MAC Programming. I have just spend two days in it. Now, I have created simple Screen saver project from XCode.

I have put my all required images in the Resource folder of my project. Now,I want to access those images in my code. I don't know how to access these images from resource folder.

If I use Absolute path then it works fine, but when I uses any other relative path it doesn't work. Can you tell me what will be relative path for my images?

Assume I have "test.jpg" file in my resource folder of Screensaver project. When I will build the project,it will give me (TestScreenSaver.saver) file.

What will be my relative path for this project.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks and Regards
    -----------------------
    Deep Bhavsar

2. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Normally you'd use
    Code:
    NSString *imagePath = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForImageResource:@"test.jpg"];
    but mainBundle would return the bundle of whatever is loading your screensaver plugin, so try
    Code:
    NSString *imagePath = [[NSBundle bundleForClass:[self class]] pathForImageResource:@"test.jpg"];

3. macrumors newbie

Hi kainjow

Thanks for your valuable reply. I was trying with [NSBundle mainBundle] and it was not working.

I had tried with your code and I got my problem solved. :)

Thanks
    ----------------
    Dipesh Bhavsar