Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Very interesting article.

Extract:

"IBM Corp. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Sam Palmisano has challenged his company to move to the Linux desktop over the next two years, according to an internal memo written by IBM Chief Information Officer Bob Greenberg in November and leaked to the Inquirer Web site on Wednesday."

Full article here

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by idkew
What's IMB?

International Male Buddists?
I Make Bread?

I don't understand?!

Always one "english major" in the group :rolleyes:

anyhow ... Linux is the way to go ... fast, stable, free in most cases, and open for everyone to play with.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Can't you read!?!

It's IBM! not IMB! It was like that since the beginning. I did not edit my post to correct any mistake... even if it says so at the end of my post. I'm not crazy, you are! :D

P.S.: IMB means "International Majestic Belchers™"

Edit: Bummer! I was able to edit the title of my first post but not the title of the thread. I should have know this would happen someday. :rolleyes:

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Back on topic, Anyone noticed about how we hear more and more of companies and government trying to break free of windows/microsoft clutch?

On top of my head: IBM, Government of Japan, Government of China, Government of England (not 100% sure about this one), and many more I can't recall. It's no wonder Microsoft is starting a new campaing aimed directly against Linux. Billy's getting scare:

And the song of the day is:

I Want to Break Free

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.