Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnnybg00d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Well at a loss for where to post this.. I thought in here could be a good start..

Hi Guys and Gals!

I aquired an iphone4 just recently.. its not active.
I tried all kinds of stuff on the internet to get it to unlock so I can put it on my provider but no luck.. it just sits at canning for carrier.. I was told it needs to be unlocked get it to do what im wanting it to do.

My question in regards to this is.. Is there a FREE iphone imei code generator out there to unlock this puppy.. There must be a brute force code creator that uses the imei number to create the code?? No? Yes? Kinda like a code generator that opens computer software to get a license or glitching old school sat cards? know what I mean?? or is it just a code that is put with the imei number and only certain people can access cuz they are special? LOL no disrespect just trying to figure this out..

I cant seem to find anything that looks legit.. its almost like the days of getting sat cards unlocked.. you need to know a guy, that knows a guy, who's brothers cousins doctors gardeners brother knows a guy.. to find this out...lol

any hints of direction would be appreciated if anyone knows anything... There is so much info on the net these days its sometimes hard to find legit info.

thanks in advance!

J

Johnnybg00d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
No, the code comes from Apple alone thru iTunes. Several services are out there to help you unlock it thru Apple. However they cost from $5 to $20.

Thanks very much for the response..

I live in Canada.. And until yesterday I thought it was illegal to unlock a phone.. but I'm told by my provider that its not..
Shows what I know here..

I can handle 5 to 20$ to unlock... thats peanuts..
Where I live they are charging over 150$ to unlock. Now thats a bit steep to me.

I'd love to find this service for 5 to 20..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
No such thing as iphone imei code generator exists.
To get it IMEI unlocked for good you will have to pay a fee. Depending on what carrier the phone is locked to you can search on ebay or on the net in general.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Thanks very much for the response..

I live in Canada.. And until yesterday I thought it was illegal to unlock a phone.. but I'm told by my provider that its not..
Shows what I know here..

I can handle 5 to 20$ to unlock... thats peanuts..
Where I live they are charging over 150$ to unlock. Now thats a bit steep to me.

I'd love to find this service for 5 to 20..

This guy: Click Me charges $20 a pop.

He lives in New Orleans, LA and has done all my unlocks and unlocks for all my family and friends. His unlocking services are done within 24 hours of payment. How long it takes depends not on him, but on how fast Apple's servers get the update for IMEIs which are unlocked.

You can get it for cheaper than $20, but I recommend this guy since I have personally used him.

Johnnybg00d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013

He lives in New Orleans, LA and has done all my unlocks and unlocks for all my family and friends. His unlocking services are done within 24 hours of payment. How long it takes depends not on him, but on how fast Apple's servers get the update for IMEIs which are unlocked.

You can get it for cheaper than $20, but I recommend this guy since I have personally used him.

WoW $20 is very reasonable..
Thank You Very Much!!
I will try this service this week..
Much Much appreciated!!

I still wonder where the unlock code comes from..LoL
Like how it comes into existence.. has to be something used by that IMEI number. I was a Sat follower years ago... I always wonder how stuff works..

Thank you again! :D
J

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008

He said he's from Canada so I really don't think he can use an AT&T iphone unlock service.
And to answer the OP's question those IMEI unlocks are entered from within the carriers database system that your iphone is locked to.
Either try to get a job there or find someone who works there and willing to risk it for you.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
He said he's from Canada so I really don't think he can use an AT&T iphone unlock service.
And to answer the OP's question those IMEI unlocks are entered from within the carriers database system that your iphone is locked to.
Either try to get a job there or find someone who works there and willing to risk it for you.

He does do Canada unlocks... as long as its GSM, he can work it out. I tried once.

Johnnybg00d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
The link you gave does Telus Canada for $90 but the OP didn't say what carrier his iphone is locked to.

Its locked to Bell Mobile..
Called Bell today and they said $75 to unlock it. Plus Tax of course.. LOL
Now thats not to over the top.
A bit rich but do-able.. I got the phone from Bro-in-law free so I can't bitch really..

Thanks Guys!

J :)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Its locked to Bell Mobile..
Called Bell today and they said $75 to unlock it. Plus Tax of course.. LOL
Now thats not to over the top.
A bit rich but do-able.. I got the phone from Bro-in-law free so I can't bitch really..

Thanks Guys!

J :)

Nice, I'd bite the bullet and unlock it through them officially.
And since you got it free cant beat it.
You will be able to sale it easy down the road unlocked for way more than the $75 you spend on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.