iMessage issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ben123456, Jun 25, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

After updating to beta 2 my iMessage has not been working on my phone. Nor my friends who is also on beta 2. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Restarting the phone worked for me, including mine.

3. macrumors 65816

nooaah

Still not working for me. I deactivated, restarted, reactivated. No luck. Delivers to some contacts but not my girlfriend. I'm on a clean install of beta 2. iMessage worked on my previous beta 2 install that was based on a backup restore. Thoughts? Advice??

4. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

you can try reloading the OS again. i was having problems with imessage not activating on ios6 after i was using a prepaid SIM while in Iceland for a week. it worked perfectly while there, but when i put my verizon sim back in, no dice. i had to reload the OS then restore to a previous backup.

are you guys stuck on activation? when i went to beta 2, my imessage was activated properly upon updating, but my phone number was greyed out. i had to hard reboot to allow it to use my number as an imessage address.

5. macrumors 6502a

Bawstun

In beta 1 I had issues with activation.

In beta 2 it enables and actives just fine, but never sends as a blue iMessage no matter what. When I receive messages from iPhone users it says 'iMessage' (but of course their bubble is gray, as incoming) but everytime I send, it just doesn't deliver, and turns green.

6. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Exact same problem for me. It's the only major problem I'm having with this beta.

7. macrumors 6502

I was having problems after updating too! That is until I realized that for whatever reason iMessage turned itself off. It may seem silly but double check to make sure it's actually turned on.

8. macrumors 68020

I was unable to send an iMessage (only a text message) until someone sent me one first -- then I could reply with an iMessage.

Something really weird happened yesterday though when I received 65 iMessages in about a 1-minute span and they were all showing up on my end as Asian characters.
    I even rebooted my phone and after the reboot they continued for about an other 20-seconds.
    :eek:

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Restarting worked for me and iMessage stops working like once a day which I have to restart

10. macrumors 603

Tyler23

So my issue seems to come down to an issue sending iMessages to my fiancee. With everyone else, it works fine, but with her, I'll send but it won't be receieved for 5-15 minutes, if at all. I've never had a problem messaging her before. She is always either in a strong signal area or on house wifi.

Has anyone had an issue on iOS 7 sending iMessages to a single person?

11. macrumors 603

Armen

I reinstalled beta 2 and setup the phone as NEW and that fixed my iMessage issue.