Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ketsjap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
The Messages-app on my Mac always shows notifications when I turn on my computer of iMessages I received but I already read on my iPhone.

It's pretty useless receiving notifications for messages that are not new anymore.

I've been Googling around but can't find a solution. Anyone else with the same problem?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I almost never have this problem. When you say "turn on" do you mean from a powered off state? If so you may need to give iCloud a few moments sync up everything.

Reactions: akash.nu

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Yes. I've never had issues. Sometimes iCloud is a bit slow in syncing but nothing that'd bother be.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
More annoying to me is how you have to delete messages one by one and have to confirm every delete. Very annoying when I haven't turned on my Mac in awhile. They need to sync up read/delete etc etc. Like IMAP

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
More annoying to me is how you have to delete messages one by one and have to confirm every delete. Very annoying when I haven't turned on my Mac in awhile. They need to sync up read/delete etc etc. Like IMAP
Pretty sure you can click one message, shift-click the last message and delete the whole range in one go...

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Same here. When I log into my iMac, from SLEEP mode, I'll receive sound and visual notifications for all the iMessage, messages I've received since I last used my iMac.

A little annoying...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.