Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaizer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2003
Malaysia
Hello guys,

I'm interested in giving iMovie a try (I'm a Mac newbie). I know I can import from a DV cam to iMovie, but once I've edited it, what files can I save it as? I don't have a DVD player at home, only VCD player. Can I save it as a VCD?

If that's not possible, is there some kinda converter (software) I can use?

Ij only have a CDRW on a Wintel Machine. Can I use the wintel machine's CDRW directly (thru network cable) or do I have to copy the files into that machine first?

I also have a few VCD home videos that I wanna edit, is there a software converter to convert to iMovie readlble format?

Thanks

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Well as for making VCDs all you have to do is get Toast Titanum, it ads a plug-in into iMovie so when you click Export it will ad a VCD option. You can't burn a CD via ethernet, I don't think it is possible, besides the slow speed would give the CD Burner trouble. Just take out the CD-RW and pop it into your mac (if you can) I only recomend this if you are a person who knows the inside of your machine well, I do not advise this to a novice. Or you can take out the CD-RW drive from you PC and put it into an external case, then you can use it on both machines. If you want you can copy the video files to your PC but I don't know what software to use. Good Luck, hope I helped... :D I don't think you can edit VCDs but I don't know them well so who knows.

losfp

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Sydney
The other alternative is to export to a CD image, transfer the file over to the PC and use your regular burning software.

OR export as whatever movie, MPEG, AVI etc and use your PC's burning software to author the VCD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.