Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowboardpunk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Hey guys, so I just moved from windows and had a question. I use lightroom right now to do processing work for my pictures, but when after I export them, I put them in my pictures folder but wont show up in iPhoto. But if I import them to iphoto, it doesnt show up in my picture folder. Is the only way to view your pictures and have them in a folder to export them twice?
I tried viewing my pictures in my picture folder but can only view them one at a time and opens up a new window with every picture. But with iPhoto, I can view them by just clicking next but I cant upload them onto my blog without adding it to my picture folder.

Is there a workaround where I can view pictures and still have them be able to upload to my blog without transferring it to an actual folder?

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
iPhoto isn't a viewer: it's a photo manager. It stores photos in its own database.
Merely having photos in your Pictures folder does not add them to iPhoto.

You can view images in the Pictures folder in the Finder with QuickView, by pressing <space>. You can then press the up and down arrows to browse through images.

To upload a picture, you need to know its location. There is a menu command "Reveal in Finder" in iPhoto, so that you can see where the file is, in order to drag it to your uploader programs file selection dialog.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.