Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikeballa09

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2004
hi guys i recently purchased the ipod video. i got it to sync properly the first couple of times i imported music into it. i later purchased an external hard drive for all my media. i am a pc user unfortunately. i also use a laptop if that helps. now that my music is on the external hdd my ipod will no longer sync with itunes. how would i be able to fix this. itunes works fine as far as being able to play the music is concerned. i hope you guys can help me with this to i dont have to move my documents folder back onto the internal drive of my comp and return the externall hdd.

thank you very much.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Is the laptop plugged in? Maybe your USB isn't getting enough power considering it's doing the transfer from the drive to the iPod simultaneously. Even if it is plugged in, the bus may still be underpowered unfortunately. :(

Can I recommend an iBook? :D

nikeballa09

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2004
i fugred that might be a problem so i just moved my files back onto the internal hdd and im starting to save for a 17in imac. should i go with that or a maxed out mac mini with a dell 20 in widescreen display?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.