Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
I was at my local best buy playing with the new iPod nano, and after playing with it, began playing with a black 30GB iPod video. It was the new version priced at $250, but something seemed different about it. I noticed that there were NO scratches on it. I figured this was because it's still new and was just recently put on display, but after TRYING to scratch it with my nail (which i can do with my black nano) no scratches were on it. As hard as I tied i couldn't damage it. Does this mean that all the new iPod Video's are made of more durable materials? Or are display models more durable? If the new ones are more scratch resistant I may get one of those instead of the new nano.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
I doubt it. They tend to get scratched from rubbing against an abrasive object, such as the inside of a pocket, sand/dirt, and other grime. A fingernail wont' do much.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
hmmm ok. i guess the 1G nano's are more fragile since I can scratch the hell out of it with my fingernail (which is why it's in a case). thanks for the quick response!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.