Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

birrellpj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
I've got a macbook pro4, 1, which I only bought two months ago and I'm running Mac OS X v. 10.5.6.

I'd used the in-built webcam a couple of times and found it absolutely excellent. However, today I logged in to aMSN and it doesn't seem to work (I get Apple error code -9405). Seeing it not work I then opened Photo Booth, which wasn't recognising any camera.

I guess my camera has broken already? Is there anyway to know for sure? I've run updates since its previous use, could a quicktime update have disagreed with it? Is it likely to be fixable (I think I know the answer to that one...)

Any help greatly appreciated.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
I've got a macbook pro4, 1, which I only bought two months ago and I'm running Mac OS X v. 10.5.6.

I'd used the in-built webcam a couple of times and found it absolutely excellent. However, today I logged in to aMSN and it doesn't seem to work (I get Apple error code -9405). Seeing it not work I then opened Photo Booth, which wasn't recognising any camera.

I guess my camera has broken already? Is there anyway to know for sure? I've run updates since its previous use, could a quicktime update have disagreed with it? Is it likely to be fixable (I think I know the answer to that one...)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Resett your Pram should do it...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.