Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Yup. The iPhone is plenty thin enough. Leave it as is to put better camera sensors and bigger batteries inside. As far as size, the iPhone is perfectly fine. Work on nothing but performance from here on out. I don't need my phone to be an extra .5 mm thinner. It's pointless.

Agreed. Also maintain durability. It's great if it's thin, but I don't want it to break, either.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
My thoughts.

My opinion (like many others) is that Apple should NOT make the iPhone any thinner. It would make the iPhone feel worse to hold, for one.

Also, they could use the new space to do other things, such as a bigger battery, better camera, and some other interesting things.

The title should have been "In-Cell Touch Technology Could Help Apple Increase Next iPhone's Battery Size by 15%". ;)

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I agree that Thin isn't a great selling point. Heavy would be, or brick size. But super thin just makes it hard to hold. I agree if anything should be done for the next gen iPhone, it should be a larger screen and better battery life for 4G.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
My opinion (like many others) is that Apple should NOT make the iPhone any thinner. It would make the iPhone feel worse to hold, for one.

Also, they could use the new space to do other things, such as a bigger battery, better camera, and some other interesting things.

The title should have been "In-Cell Touch Technology Could Help Apple Increase Next iPhone's Battery Size by 15%". ;)

Making iPhone thinner would not necessarily make it harder to hold. Current design is flawed in many ways. One flaw is that the metal brace (antenna) is actually quite thinner than the phone. If you compare iPhone 4/S with, say, Samsung Galaxy SII, SGSII will be thinner yet much more comfortable to hold. So, there definitely is a room to make iPhone thinner.

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
Thickness isn't a problem for me, battery life is...

If the 5's battery life isn't comparable to the Razor Maxx, I might jump ship, I was an early adopter, but my 4's battery life is terrible. I have a battery extender case on it which just makes it so heavy and bulky. I really hate it to be honest...

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
They are pushing too thin already. But this would be awesome if they used this to give more space for a larger battery.

spl456

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
Thickness isn't a problem for me, battery life is...

+1

I'd much rather keep the thickness, if that meant better/extended life.
I remember in the early days, the Nokia's would go at least 2-3 days without a recharge. Phones now days...

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Make ist thinner and I will need a sucker to get the phone of my flat glas table. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.