Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Usually I can click on View on the menu bar and scroll down to "make text bigger" but in Word, it won't work. Is there some way to make it work? My word documents are way too small! I guess I could make the font bigger but hitting "view" seems so much more efficient.
Thanks!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
There should be a little toolbar area with a percentage in it - click on that and you can zoom in/out.

Note that the pic is from Office X, but Office 2003 should be similar.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 6,241

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
You mean the whole document is too small? If so, in Word 2004 for OS X, there is a pulldown menu in the toolbar that has the page view scale. It may be set at something like 50%. Click on the pulldown menu and select a large percentage. Sometimes it may take up to 125% to make the document look large enough...

Or

If you mean the text is just plain to small, you can click on the Formatting Palette and choose a larger text size under the Font Section.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If you have a scroll mouse or a scrolling trackpad, another thing you can do is scroll (vertically) while holding the control button, which adjusts the zoom in Microsoft's apps, as well as a number of other applications, particularly ones with a Windows pedigree, I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.