Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Hi all,

Looking for a quick opinion on whether anyone has an Incase Slim Sleeve 12", I have a G3 Ibook and wondered whether it will fit nicely and what it looks like, I can't find a picture anywhere.

Anyone? :confused:

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Do you live near an Apple Store? you could go test one out...

I have an Incase sleeve, but it's for my 15' Macbook Pro. It is fairly snug...there's a little more room at the top than I would like, but I feel that if I dropped it from arm's height the sleeve would protect it fairly well. I imagine the other sizes are the same.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
miles01110 said:
Do you live near an Apple Store? you could go test one out...

Yeah, that's definitely the thing to do. I just traded away my 17" pbook for a 12" book (plus cash), and as soon as I get it I will be taking it to the Apple store nearby to slide it in one of those bright orange suckers and see if it fits. They complain somewhat on the store.apple.com reviews about their being some room at the top, so I'll have to see.

I wanted a Crumpler bag for it too, and since this store (EMS) is having a special that ends tomorrow, which is before I get my 12", I took my wife's 14" iBook there and slid it into the bag to see how it was. I figured the 14" would be a decent approximation for the 12" + sleeve. Fit great, and I got it!

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
NewbieNerd said:
Yeah, that's definitely the thing to do. I just traded away my 17" pbook for a 12" book (plus cash), and as soon as I get it I will be taking it to the Apple store nearby to slide it in one of those bright orange suckers and see if it fits. They complain somewhat on the store.apple.com reviews about their being some room at the top, so I'll have to see.

I wanted a Crumpler bag for it too, and since this store (EMS) is having a special that ends tomorrow, which is before I get my 12", I took my wife's 14" iBook there and slid it into the bag to see how it was. I figured the 14" would be a decent approximation for the 12" + sleeve. Fit great, and I got it!

Anyother good protectors?

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
ipodcentral112 said:
Anyother good protectors?

Hmm? I know foof makes some interesting sleeves for laptops and iPods, and Crumpler makes some sleeves for laptops as well, but they have a zipper that goes around 3 sides instead of just one like the incase, so it's more of a, sit the laptop in place and zip around it, than a, slide the laptop in and zip it. The Foof ones are just a sleeve without a zipper.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
miles01110 said:
Don't use a laptop while it is in a sleeve....it gets too hot and shortens processor life.

lol, who said anything about this? You'd have to put it into the sleeve sideways to have access to the mini-DVI port and USB ports. Probably has enough air space if you must do it that way, but yeah, I don't think anyone wants to do this or has any reason.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
NewbieNerd said:
lol, who said anything about this? You'd have to put it into the sleeve sideways to have access to the mini-DVI port and USB ports. Probably has enough air space if you must do it that way, but yeah, I don't think anyone wants to do this or has any reason.

I forget who makes them, but there are sleeves with the zipper running around 3 sides and elastic bands to hold the sleeve to the notebook. They are advertised as though using the notebook inside the sleeve is a good idea, and every time I see one of these being used (as advertised) on my campus I die a little inside.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Ok Just to let everyone know, I bought the white incase slim sleeve 12", with two kind of pocket/handles thing, a kind of leather/plastic finish.

Anyway, it looks like a girls bag (I need to sticker it right up!) and the pockets are tiny, can barely fit my power adapter and ibook all in - I think the UK plug doesnt help because they are huge.

Not loving it really yet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.