Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moukee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2023
I've noticed that the power button on my iPhone 15 Pro has inconsistent feedback. When I click the button at the bottom half, it sounds like I think it should sound (a "deep", subtle click), but the top half but the top half is noticeably higher pitched, a bit harder to press and overall feels cheap (at least cheaper than the price of the device would suggest).

I'm thinking about returning it and getting a new one, but I wanted to hear from you guys whether you experience similar behavior. I assume most people wouldn't even care, but I'm pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
I immediately noticed that too on my 15PM. My sisters 14PM has a more satisfying clicking sound. Maybe that’s the difference between Ti and SS. Not really a big deal for me. Still returning mine because of a dead pixel tho 🫤

Reactions: Moukee

apple4522324

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2023
I noticed the exact same thing on my 15 pro except the lower half of the Lock Screen button has a very loud click while top half seems normal. I took it to apple and they said its normal but to me it isn't. I had the 15 pro max on launch then traded that in due to size but the buttons were not making that loud click.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I've noticed that the power button on my iPhone 15 Pro has inconsistent feedback. When I click the button at the bottom half, it sounds like I think it should sound (a "deep", subtle click), but the top half but the top half is noticeably higher pitched, a bit harder to press and overall feels cheap (at least cheaper than the price of the device would suggest).

I'm thinking about returning it and getting a new one, but I wanted to hear from you guys whether you experience similar behavior. I assume most people wouldn't even care, but I'm pretty sensitive to this kind of stuff.
Good luck getting a new one in less than a couple of weeks.

Syedmqali

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
I have the same issue. Top half feels normal and easy to press, bottom half feels harder to press and makes a metallic clicking sound. I went to the Apple Store and they cleaned it out. Somehow felt ok for a little bit but now I’m thinking that we all psychosomatic cus it has returned. What did you guys end up doing to address it?

Reactions: James6s

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
I have the same issue. Top half feels normal and easy to press, bottom half feels harder to press and makes a metallic clicking sound. I went to the Apple Store and they cleaned it out. Somehow felt ok for a little bit but now I’m thinking that we all psychosomatic cus it has returned. What did you guys end up doing to address it?
I noticed this on my black 15 pro and the 15 pro max in natural titanium didn’t have this issue…
May do an express replacement…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.