Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.4.8 now available! 🎉

Improved Trakt sync behavior, library improvements, various playback fixes, and more!

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! 🙂

FhshJvdVEAAOeOA

Reactions: rhett7660

vs40

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion! :)
I'm not sure in what version you implemented it, but thank you! 👍
And another suggestion regarding this "window on top" option would be the "auto on/off toggle" of that function when pausing/playing videos.
So it automatically stays on top only during video playback.
It is also some small detail you can find in IINA for example.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.4.10 now available! 💪

Includes new HDR10+ tag on details page, ability to add root folder (all files) to favorites, speed improvements for SMB streaming, and other minor fixes.

Fk6t5f6aMAA_joU

Reactions: rhett7660

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
The latest 7.5 version of Infuse is here and it’s better than ever!

This release includes some of the top-requested features we’ve received from all of our amazing users, and we think you are going to love what we’ve been working on for you.

Play trailers for movies and shows​

Video trailers have arrived! You can now access a massive catalog of 250,000+ movie and TV show trailers and stream them with a simple tap directly within the app. Trailers are a great way to preview videos in your library for yourself or friends and family, allowing everyone to get a quick overview of the movie to see if it’s the right vibe. Trailers are available to all current Pro subscribers at no additional cost. 🙌

Pro tip: Access additional trailers and content by long-pressing the Trailer button.

infuse75-trailers_2x.jpg

Organize movies into Smart Groups​

The new Smart Groups feature is a great way to group different versions of the same title together in your Library. This could be things like different resolutions (1080p, 4K etc...), different releases (Director’s Cut, Theatrical Cut, etc...), videos spread across multiple files/discs (Part 1, Part 2, etc...), duplicates of the same file you have stored in different locations, or any combination of these you happen to have. When multiple versions are present, Infuse will automatically add tags for each — and you can add your own custom tags, if you wish.

Pro tip: Fine-tune the auto-selected version by adjusting the ‘Select Version’ option found in the ‘Settings > Collections & Groups’ menu.

infuse75-groups_2x.jpg

Even more Dolby Vision​

Dolby Vision comes in many different flavors, and today we’re adding expanded support for Dolby Vision Profile 8. Profile 8 is a unique format, as it includes both a Dolby Vision layer and an HDR layer. It has been used by Apple for many of their screensaver videos, and now more of these videos can be played natively in Infuse in full Dolby Vision. By default, the best video playback option will automatically be selected based on the video file and the device you are using, and you can change how this works by adjusting the Extended Dolby Vision option found in Infuse > Settings > Playback.

Note: Since Profile 8 has a number of different sub-variants with a wide variety of characteristics, a portion of Profile 8 videos will gracefully fall back to playing in HDR10 — which will still look great. 🙂

infuse75-dolby_2x.jpg

Playback core improvements​

Our primary goal with Infuse has always been to deliver excellent picture and sound when you press play — with every single video. In this update, we’ve revamped a hefty chunk of the playback internals, and modernized a number of areas to allow us to continue providing unparalleled playback performance and accuracy across all Apple platforms. These changes also include improved error correction for files which may be a little bit wonky (due to encoding and/or mastering issues) allowing these to now play beautifully — just like you’d expect.

infuse75-player_2x.jpg

Many other improvements and fixes​

Many other improvements and fixes are part of this release, so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to continue the conversation here or in our Community Forum.

Thanks for using Infuse! 🧡

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.2 is live! 👍

Native HLG support on newer devices, improved flow for deleting local files, fixes for DoVi, parental controls for trailers, and more!

Enjoy! 🙂

FuA2zTZaQAEfJ1W

Note: After updating, you may be prompted to activate certain codecs. These are 100% free for Pro users, and require just a few taps to enable.

FuA3HMFacAEY3bb

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.3 now available! 🙌

Option to fetch metadata and artwork in the title's original language, IPv6 support for SMB, improved handling of regional languages and dialects, advanced features for SRT subtitles, playback fixes, and much more!

Enjoy! 😊

FvxwKhCagAEobSL

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.5 released! 👏

Featuring an all-new OpenSubtitles integration, new TV show genres, improved color accuracy for Hi10p files, and more!

Enjoy! 🙂

FxYBkTzaYAAuuLw

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.7 now available! 👏

Enhanced downmixing quality with new custom options, updates for Emby 4.8, numerous playback improvements, and much more!

Enjoy! 🙂

Fzt5jekX0AMSVw3

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.8 now available! 🙌

Better handling of media server genres, more audio pipeline improvements, fixes for HEVC playback on older OS versions, and more!

F0w6xvAagAMUdbJ

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.5.9 now available! 👏

New miniseries section, custom season names from TMDB, and a handful of other fixes and improvements.

Enjoy! 🙂

F3lU7S1bEAAAidq

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
The latest version of Infuse is here with some great new additions!

Stream from Aliyun Drive(阿里云盘)​

Direct support for Aliyun Drive is now available in Infuse! Aliyun Drive is a popular cloud service available in China, and allows for accessing movies, TV shows, and other videos via a fast, native connection directly on your favorite devices. This new feature is available to all Pro users, and includes support for files stored in both private(备份盘)and shared(资源库)cloud disk folders.

Note: Streaming from Aliyun Drive is available on all platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac), but connections to cloud services need to be set up on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Once this is done on a single device, the connection will then sync to other devices via iCloud.

infuse76-aliyun_2x.jpg

Other tuneups and fixes, with more to come​

A handful of other improvements are included so be sure to check out the full list of what’s new.

We’re also working on some great new things for iOS/tvOS 17 (and beyond!) so keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Thanks!​

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to continue the conversation in our community forum.

Thanks for using Infuse! 🧡

dzankizakon

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2016
It's an excellent app. However, on my Apple TV I frequently get the message upon Infuse launch that 'metadata cache has been cleared by the OS' or something along those lines, and the app rescans all my folders and redownloads thumbnails which can take a while. iCloud sync is activated but I still see empty thumbnails for a few minutes whenever this happens. My Apple TV is literally empty, I only have like 3 small apps like SpeedTest.net, and Infuse. I mainly use my Apple TV to look at my iCloud Photo Library.

I don't understand why is tvOS so frequently reclaiming disk space away from Infuse when there's so much free space left.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
It's an excellent app. However, on my Apple TV I frequently get the message upon Infuse launch that 'metadata cache has been cleared by the OS' or something along those lines, and the app rescans all my folders and redownloads thumbnails which can take a while. iCloud sync is activated but I still see empty thumbnails for a few minutes whenever this happens. My Apple TV is literally empty, I only have like 3 small apps like SpeedTest.net, and Infuse. I mainly use my Apple TV to look at my iCloud Photo Library.

I don't understand why is tvOS so frequently reclaiming disk space away from Infuse when there's so much free space left.
We’ve been looking into a few ways to mitigate the impact if this happens, and hope to have more news available soon.

Reactions: rhett7660 and max2

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.6.2 is now available! 👌

Featuring optimizations for iOS/tvOS 17 and macOS 14, new APIs for 3rd party apps, expanded NFO tag support, and more!

Happy Halloween! 🎃 👻

F9xdyqSXwAA8B-R

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 7.6.4 now available! 👏

New Cloud Backup option on Apple TV, VoiceOver improvements, and other fixes.

Details on the new Cloud Backup feature can be found here.

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
If I purchase the lifetime license, will a single license apply to both my MacBook and iPhone like the subscription licenses or will I have to purchase a lifetime license separately for my MacBook and iPhone?

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
If I purchase the lifetime license, will a single license apply to both my MacBook and iPhone like the subscription licenses or will I have to purchase a lifetime license separately for my MacBook and iPhone?
A single Infuse license can be used on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac).

The license can be also shared with Family Members (up to six) on all their devices as well.

Automatic updates for major releases (v8, v9, v100, etc…) is included with all in-app purchases options.

A bit more info on purchasing Infuse and using Family Sharing can be found here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.