Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
As a paid 4 Pro user who unfortunately doesn't fall under any of those promo offerings, it is a little disappointing to see no discount available on the non subscription Pro version.
30% off for a limited time to include the long time users would have been a nice.

That being said, the App description is very confusing.

If you buy the Pro version, it is $12.99.
If you get the free version, there is an in app purchase that says it upgrades to the Pro for $4.99.

Nowhere does it say anything about it being a yearly subscription.

If I didn't read this thread and know that 4 Pro users were getting no discount, I would have assumed the $5 was a non sub upgrade.

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
As another pro tip....always be on the lookout for iTunes gift cards that are at least 20% off. PayPal, eBay, Best Buy, etc. have them at 20% off every so often. I heard Target had them 30% off on Black Friday, but I missed it. So now with the $5/year rate being charged for a short time, if you bought your iTunes store credit at 20% off, you're effectively paying $4/year for an Infuse Pro subscription (and getting 20% off whatever else you purchase in the store).
I never know what to do with iTunes gift cards because I rarely buy music from iTunes or many apps...thank you for funding my infuse purchases for the next few years haha. I would be upset with most companies doing this sort of things with their apps and honestly was initially upset as I had just bought infuse 4 February of this year, but if me paying lets infuse keep running at the level that it does (with me honestly not having one bad thing to say about it after many months of daily use), then I think I can easily pay for the Pro cost every year or so for myself and my family sharing people to use. Thanks, Firecore, yours is my favorite app for watching my movies and TV.

Reactions: Dim08

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
As another pro tip....always be on the lookout for iTunes gift cards that are at least 20% off. PayPal, eBay, Best Buy, etc. have them at 20% off every so often. I heard Target had them 30% off on Black Friday, but I missed it. So now with the $5/year rate being charged for a short time, if you bought your iTunes store credit at 20% off, you're effectively paying $4/year for an Infuse Pro subscription (and getting 20% off whatever else you purchase in the store).
Great tip! :)
As a paid 4 Pro user who unfortunately doesn't fall under any of those promo offerings, it is a little disappointing to see no discount available on the non subscription Pro version.
30% off for a limited time to include the long time users would have been a nice.

That being said, the App description is very confusing.

If you buy the Pro version, it is $12.99.
If you get the free version, there is an in app purchase that says it upgrades to the Pro for $4.99.

Nowhere does it say anything about it being a yearly subscription.

If I didn't read this thread and know that 4 Pro users were getting no discount, I would have assumed the $5 was a non sub upgrade.
Sorry for the confusion. The discount only applies the annual subscription of Infuse Pro.

Infuse Pro is available in two ways - as an annual subscription or as a one-time purchase.

The annual subscription option will cover all future updates (even major ones like v6, v7, etc...). The one-time purchase option will cover all v5 updates.

Infuse (annual subscription)
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1136220934?mt=8&uo=4&at=11l4GF

Infuse Pro (one-time fee)
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1136220915?mt=8&uo=4&at=11l4GF

Both versions contain the exact same features, and support iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (4th gen).

Hope this helps!
I never know what to do with iTunes gift cards because I rarely buy music from iTunes or many apps...thank you for funding my infuse purchases for the next few years haha. I would be upset with most companies doing this sort of things with their apps and honestly was initially upset as I had just bought infuse 4 February of this year, but if me paying lets infuse keep running at the level that it does (with me honestly not having one bad thing to say about it after many months of daily use), then I think I can easily pay for the Pro cost every year or so for myself and my family sharing people to use. Thanks, Firecore, yours is my favorite app for watching my movies and TV.
Thanks - glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Great tip! :)

Sorry for the confusion. The discount only applies the annual subscription of Infuse Pro.

Infuse Pro is available in two ways - as an annual subscription or as a one-time purchase.

The annual subscription option will cover all future updates (even major ones like v6, v7, etc...). The one-time purchase option will cover all v5 updates.

Infuse (annual subscription)
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1136220934?mt=8&uo=4&at=11l4GF

Infuse Pro (one-time fee)
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1136220915?mt=8&uo=4&at=11l4GF

Both versions contain the exact same features, and support iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (4th gen).

Hope this helps!

Thanks - glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

I understand because I have been reading this thread.
I am just saying, if you go to the App Store on iTunes, subscription is not mentioned anywhere, the in app purchase just says Infuse Pro.
It might be helpful to point it out on there. If I paid to unlock Pro and found out it was just for a subscription I would have asked for a refund.
If you are offering a subscription, you should list what it is (monthly, yearly) right in the in app description.
Duet Display pulled the subscription game also this year but in the In-App purchase it says:
Duet Pro Annual Subscription $19.99

Just a suggestion.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I am just saying, if you go to the App Store on iTunes, subscription is not mentioned anywhere, the in app purchase just says Infuse Pro.
It might be helpful to point it out on there. If I paid to unlock Pro and found out it was just for a subscription I would have asked for a refund.
If you are offering a subscription, you should list what it is (monthly, yearly) right in the in app description.
Duet Display pulled the subscription game also this year but in the In-App purchase it says:

Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you get as far as the upgrade prompt in Infuse (see attached)? We worked to communicate the fact it was a subscription, though we may need to adjust things if this proves to be confusing.

Attachments

• 2016-11-03 11.12.46.png
    2016-11-03 11.12.46.png
    594.8 KB · Views: 175

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
The app is working well on Apple TV - though the icons look huge on 65" tv screen. Wish there was a way to make them smaller..

Any plans of providing Random / Shuffle - good for music videos?
And will be nice to have a playlist function.. That would make this app an awesome music video jukebox.

trombo22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
I signed up for the yearly subscription just based on audio and video quality. I have high quality movies and tv shows with full surround sound and playback performance has been great(Full quality audio playback). Almost instant starts and not one instance of buffering. Main use is Apple TV(wireless AC) from NAS source gigabit hardlined, also use iPhone to chromecast sometimes.

The main issue on Apple TV comes when rescanning library when new content is added as it is slow. I find it works fastest if I go to the menu and click the library and watch the progress. I currently use SMB to connect, I'm not sure if this is due to library size, individual file size or what but the scanning sometimes does not even complete unless I go watch it in the menu. Although I can't tell for sure it looks like it restarts everytime I switch between menus or tabs thus never completing as I'm using browsing around(the infuse app) while waiting for my new content. Not sure if there is any tips to speed this portion up.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
The app is working well on Apple TV - though the icons look huge on 65" tv screen. Wish there was a way to make them smaller..

Any plans of providing Random / Shuffle - good for music videos?
And will be nice to have a playlist function.. That would make this app an awesome music video jukebox.
Thanks for the suggestions. A few things along these lines are in the works for the future. ;)
I signed up for the yearly subscription just based on audio and video quality. I have high quality movies and tv shows with full surround sound and playback performance has been great(Full quality audio playback). Almost instant starts and not one instance of buffering. Main use is Apple TV(wireless AC) from NAS source gigabit hardlined, also use iPhone to chromecast sometimes.

The main issue on Apple TV comes when rescanning library when new content is added as it is slow. I find it works fastest if I go to the menu and click the library and watch the progress. I currently use SMB to connect, I'm not sure if this is due to library size, individual file size or what but the scanning sometimes does not even complete unless I go watch it in the menu. Although I can't tell for sure it looks like it restarts everytime I switch between menus or tabs thus never completing as I'm using browsing around(the infuse app) while waiting for my new content. Not sure if there is any tips to speed this portion up.
Awesome, thanks for the support! :)

One thing you may check to try and speed things up is disabling the 'Embedded Metadata' option if you have it on. Infuse will perform much faster with it turned off.

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. A few things along these lines are in the works for the future. ;)

One thing you may check to try and speed things up is disabling the 'Embedded Metadata' option if you have it on. Infuse will perform much faster with it turned off.

Which one(s) specifically? Is that close to release or further out? Don;t want to get hopes too high if not close yet ;)

Also, where does Embedded Metadata try to pick it from - from within the MKV file, or also uses xml files etc that may be in the same folder? I have it in xml files, so will be good to know if that is used at all.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Which one(s) specifically? Is that close to release or further out? Don;t want to get hopes too high if not close yet ;)

Also, where does Embedded Metadata try to pick it from - from within the MKV file, or also uses xml files etc that may be in the same folder? I have it in xml files, so will be good to know if that is used at all.
Playlist with shuffle/random features. No ETA yet, but it's clear a lot of people would appreciate it so, so we'll be adding it at some point.

With embedded metadata enabled, Infuse will search within the files for artwork and metadata first and then use the online services to fill in any missing gaps. This searching within files process takes a bit more time, so it can dramatically slow down how long Infuse takes to fetch. If you just want to use XML files, you can leave embedded metadata off.

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
Playlist with shuffle/random features. No ETA yet, but it's clear a lot of people would appreciate it so, so we'll be adding it at some point.

With embedded metadata enabled, Infuse will search within the files for artwork and metadata first and then use the online services to fill in any missing gaps. This searching within files process takes a bit more time, so it can dramatically slow down how long Infuse takes to fetch. If you just want to use XML files, you can leave embedded metadata off.

Good to know...thanks!

trombo22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
Thanks for the reply, embedded metadata is off, maybe just the way it is. If they support background work at some point then this could be resolved.

Maybe I'm the only one but I feel like the library view should be the home page on Apple TV, with a side menu option for browsing the standard folder view. Also separating the new up next feature into 2 rows one for tv and the other for movies. Then continue with the same continue watching and recently added(adding priority for shows that are actively being watched instead of series that have not been started yet).

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
If you just want to use XML files, you can leave embedded metadata off.
Would it be possible to make this also work with NFO files? I have a large library that was originally tagged for Kodi, using an NFO file for each movie and TV episode. I would like Infuse to pick up metadata from these files, without searching through the movie files themselves. Adding XML files would be a huge amount of work (although I assume it would be possible to write a script to convert from NFO).

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thanks for the reply, embedded metadata is off, maybe just the way it is. If they support background work at some point then this could be resolved.

Maybe I'm the only one but I feel like the library view should be the home page on Apple TV, with a side menu option for browsing the standard folder view. Also separating the new up next feature into 2 rows one for tv and the other for movies. Then continue with the same continue watching and recently added(adding priority for shows that are actively being watched instead of series that have not been started yet).
Ok - also keep in mind that Infuse fetches info in a few passes, so it's possible it may not have fully finished the first time around which is why it is appearing to fetch everything again.
Would it be possible to make this also work with NFO files? I have a large library that was originally tagged for Kodi, using an NFO file for each movie and TV episode. I would like Infuse to pick up metadata from these files, without searching through the movie files themselves. Adding XML files would be a huge amount of work (although I assume it would be possible to write a script to convert from NFO).
NFO files should actually be supported in the current version...they are pretty much the same as XML files anyways.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
NFO files should actually be supported in the current version...they are pretty much the same as XML files anyways.
Yes, I'm aware, but I always assumed that I'd have to have the embedded metadata option enabled in Infuse to use the NFO files. Are you saying I can turn the option off (for faster scanning) and it will still use them like it does the XML files? That would be great.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Yes, I'm aware, but I always assumed that I'd have to have the embedded metadata option enabled in Infuse to use the NFO files. Are you saying I can turn the option off (for faster scanning) and it will still use them? That would be great.
Yes, this should be the case. Infuse assumes that if you have these files present you want to use them. ;)

Reactions: Rigby

rahulda1

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2016

Just a suggestion.

Also to clarify - our subscription is for a specific set of add-on features, not the regular usage of the product.

marka351

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2015
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Downloaded and installed the latest version for my Apple TV and so far have not noticed much of a difference. One thing I wish you had done is added the version number on the title as I have both versions installed and you can't tell which is which.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Downloaded and installed the latest version for my Apple TV and so far have not noticed much of a difference. One thing I wish you had done is added the version number on the title as I have both versions installed and you can't tell which is which.
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

vulgaris

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2016
One question: what is the Favourites (Heart) button for? I cant recognize any action pushing it...
Or does it only work in combination with trakt?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
One question: what is the Favourites (Heart) button for? I cant recognize any action pushing it...
Or does it only work in combination with trakt?
That's an option to rate movies/tv shows, but it's only available if you're logged into trakt.

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
@firecore can you allow the default folder to use the show Artwork instead of a grey box? Also, when will the option to group movie series (i.e Die Hard 1,2,3 = Die Hard Series) in one folder automatically be available?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore can you allow the default folder to use the show Artwork instead of a grey box? Also, when will the option to group movie series (i.e Die Hard 1,2,3 = Die Hard Series) in one folder automatically be available?
You can set custom artwork for any folder or favorite, and a bit more info on doing this can be found here. https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215090947-Metadata-101

We're working to have collection grouping available in 5.1 as well. #fingerscrossed

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.