Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmaracz88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2003
Toronto, ON
There are several ink blots on the palm rest of my iBook from holding a leaky pen over it by mistake (obviously). I've tried using rubbing alcohol (70%) on cotton swaves and rubbing it in, didn't work. I've tried letting rubbing alcohol jsut sit on the palmrest, that did not help much. I've tried using iCleaner, that was basically useless.

Does anyone know any good ways of getting ink off of the plastic that's in the iBook?

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
The ink is probably bonded to the plastic. I don't know if you're gonna be able to get it out. I know you probably don't want to try it, but get some smooth sandpaper and gently sand the top layer of plastic off the ink stain. Hopefully that'll take the stain out, and leave your iBook looking better than it is now ;).

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
An emulsifier like "Oxyclean" might remove the stain.
Organic paint removers based on citric acid(they're usually orange in color) might also do the trick without marring the finish.

Be careful, the stains are almost certainly removable by some means, but damage you do attempting to remove them will probably not be reversible.

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
If we were in the 24th Century I might suggest the use of a phaser on a low power setting... However, we're not, so I'll shut up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.