Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Apple Have TrackPad-Inkwell Intergration?

• R U Crazy, how the hell could that work?

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • well if u think about it sure...but it would be after laptops were modified to recognize handwriting

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • mabye, but i wouldnt be so sure just yet, but by MacWorld in January, i think we might see it!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Oh Yeh, Expect this stuff at MWNY...and it will be the "oh yeh, and one more thing..."

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

sahil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
Bartltt..small place in IL
hey ppl?
i was just at http://www.MacOSRumors.com and i happened to read that small tidbit about Inkwell mabye having some possible connection with the trackpads on key boards...this really got me thinking and i realized that there isnt any real difference (that i can see) because all a pen would do would be more precise than our regular fingers..id like to hear some feedback about what u think...
thanks
sahil

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Inkwell, and Laptops?HMMMM?

Originally posted by sahil
hey ppl?
i was just at http://www.MacOSRumors.com and i happened to read that small tidbit about Inkwell mabye having some possible connection with the trackpads on key boards...this really got me thinking and i realized that there isnt any real difference (that i can see) because all a pen would do would be more precise than our regular fingers..id like to hear some feedback about what u think...
thanks
sahil

I think they'd have to use new trackpads... the trackpads, if I recall correctly, only work with your finger.... a pen or pencil would not work.

Anyone have a ibook/tibook on them to try?

arn

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Re: Re: Inkwell, and Laptops?HMMMM?

Originally posted by arn

I think they'd have to use new trackpads... the trackpads, if I recall correctly, only work with your finger.... a pen or pencil would not work.

Anyone have a ibook/tibook on them to try?

arn

That would be correct (unless i have a faulty trackpad :p)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.