Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dendummenumse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
So I got my new mbp yesterday and have been spending many hours now exploring the computer and learning the osx. Furthermore I have installed a copy of windows xp through a version of boot camp assistent which was already present on the machine when it arrived.

Installation has gone flawlessly but problem is now that no drivers for everything from graphics card to ethernet seems to be available.

I have recieved no leopard installation disc with the computer and boot camp did not request to burn a driver disc, as I could understand from other forum posts, was two ways of installing them.

So basicly my question is where can I find the XP drivers for mac hardware instead? Perhaps I have done something wrong in the installation since it skipped creating the drivers cd (done it twice now and I do not get prompted)?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
So I got my new mbp yesterday and have been spending many hours now exploring the computer and learning the osx. Furthermore I have installed a copy of windows xp through a version of boot camp assistent which was already present on the machine when it arrived.

Installation has gone flawlessly but problem is now that no drivers for everything from graphics card to ethernet seems to be available.

I have recieved no leopard installation disc with the computer and boot camp did not request to burn a driver disc, as I could understand from other forum posts, was two ways of installing them.

So basicly my question is where can I find the XP drivers for mac hardware instead? Perhaps I have done something wrong in the installation since it skipped creating the drivers cd (done it twice now and I do not get prompted)?

Your Mac should have come with a Leopard install DVD. That's the only place you'd find Boot Camp drivers. Otherwise you're SOL, unless you torrent them.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Your Mac should have come with a Leopard install DVD. That's the only place you'd find Boot Camp drivers. Otherwise you're SOL, unless you torrent them.

Agreed, or another option is to go out and buy a retail Leopard installer disk as it carries the necessary drivers as well.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I would assume they do, but can't confirm that as they are few and far between- since they were only included as "drop in disks" with systems sold with Tiger preinstalled on the hard drive right after Leopard was released. I have never had one in hand, so can't say for sure.

Easy enough to find out though, since a disk that has the drivers automatically runs the driver installer when inserted while booted into Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.