Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maryr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
Hi,

I need one info if someone knows.
Do I need install driver for this soundcard Edirol FA-101 on Mac OSx Maverick Ver. 10.9.5 (I3F34)?
I'm little bit confused with last Note downthere. This mean after 10.3.7 no need install driver at all and is only plug and play now?
  • FA-101 Macintosh OS 9 Driver
    This is the driver necessary for connecting the FA-101 to a Macintosh computer running OS 9.
    Note: There is no driver necessary for Mac OS X. You must be running 10.3.7 or higher.
Check in downloads here : https://www.roland.com/us/products/fa-101/downloads/

When I connect MacBook Pro (mid 2009) with firewire cable 6pin x 9pin Mac recognise soundcard in Ableton and I have sound in headphones through Edirol soundcard but sound is not out through MacBook on his speakers. Someone know what's the problem? Do I need set up also sound somewhere in Mac or Abelton to?

Thanks

Last edited:

rafalrudawski

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2018
Hi,

First You should check sound output settings under: Apple --->Preferences--->Sound--->Output and Input TAB. You should select there FA 101 as an output and input (if you use it as input also). That's all.

You can also checksettings in Audio/MidiSetup app.

best regards

Rafal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.