Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
Nermal said:
It blocks everyone except the people you unblock.

that would be Allow people in my buddylist. You also have Allow specific people. Then you also have block everyone. Look in iChat (if you have the latest) iChat menu/preferences/accounts/account name/security.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I was just making a logical guess. I don't use AIM or iChat so I can't check to see what you're talking about.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
here is a screenshot: (if i can get it to work)

no, can't get it to work. maybe someone can help but it says when i upload a png image, "the TIFF image has an incorrect file extension."

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Grab Proteus. It's great. Much prettier then Adium as well. It's more polished and professional looking.

Which is why Apple hired the creator/ developer of it to work on iChat and not an Adium dev.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
which client(s) for me?

all my mates are on MSN. so MSN client will be in for sure.

but... I want to vid-conf with my wife when she (or I) travel. both using apple notebooks. (macbook pro's ordered)

Is it possible to vid-chat by IP address? rather than having to join AIM or .mac? I guess it's not too hard to have an AIM login if need be..

thoughts?

my mother (on other side of the world) is now also starting to use SKYPE.. perhaps I should look at that too *sigh*...

Ultimately the most important thing will be video to video (just a single two-way vid session).. in the most simple way possible.

Thanks, James

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
frankblundt said:
i'm obviously missing something here - is there some issue with Skype that i'm not aware of? (works for me, for IM and VOIP)

I use Skype, too - no issues whatsoever. But I'm impatiently awaiting their video support for Mac. Until then, I use iChat for video.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
just discovered i can use iChat to chat to my MSN mates, if I tinker a little and get the jabber stuff working. could work out perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.