Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Hello all,

I am in need of a program or a web-based solution that will allow multiple computers, either Mac or Windows, to share and control calendars.

Currently, we (well my parents) have been using iCal and iSync, but it's not a smooth and easy operation (for computer newbs like my mom). It requires you to edit an iCal calendar, quit the app, sync it to .mac with iSync, and relaunch iCal (to get any changes from other users). This actually is working *ok* for the moment, but we need to access the calendars from a PC running Windows XP.

I know of Now Up-To-Date & Contact, which pretty much does what we want, but I'm trying to save my parents' money... to get 3 licenses for that app it would cost $360!

My dad showed me Yahoo's online calendar system, but since its freeware (and it's Yahoo :p), I'd rather not use that, since the data on the calendars is used for their small business and its very important that there is an easy, stable, secure way to access it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :)

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Here's one I tried once, it's called Webcalendar. You can update the calendar via web interface or in iCal, then view it on the web, or download (possibly sync) it to iCal and other calendars, like the Mozilla one.

http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php

EDIT:
I got bored and installed it on my server, and messed around with it.
If you go to the admin part and turn on subscriptions in two places, it shows you the link to use to subscribe to the calendar. I updated the calendar on the web, and successfully subscribed to it with iCal. The drawback is, currently, you can't change the calendar in iCal and publish it, but that is coming in a future release. Seems to work great though!

Lee Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.