Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have insurance for your MBA?

• Total voters

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi
Does anyone ever have insurance for the MBA that you own. As its an expensive device. Do you ever protect it for loss/theft or damage?

Last edited:

scarred

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Don't most people have home insurance? I'd expect for any house insurance worth getting, your macbook air would be covered.

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
I don't have AppleCare, but I do have insurance. I bring my MacBook Air with me to work and to my uni. campus many times a week, and I also bring it with me on holiday. The insurance will cover not only the case of theft, but also if the device gets damaged for any reason. The premium is around $65 per year, and a new device costs $ 2200. I do take care of my things, but sometimes, that's not enough.

----------

Don't most people have home insurance? I'd expect for any house insurance worth getting, your macbook air would be covered.

It's covered while in your home, yes. And a travel insurance might cover theft or robbery when you take it out of the house. Normally, none of these will cover accidental damage outside home.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I purchased a personal articles policy for my 2011 MacBook Air. It was $33/year from my insurer (who provides my home owner's policy). It covers accidental damage (after a $250 deductible), and provides secondary coverage to theft, etc.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
HEy

yeah well I got insurance for mines too. happy with my insurance :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.