Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Just wanted to give you some positive feedback. I had a iBook G4 1.33Ghz / 768MB Ram / OS 10.4... it was a great little machine. It was my first Mac and I had it for about a year.

Since I loved it, I decided to make the switch fully. I sold my PC and bought a 20' Intel iMac. This Machine is too sweet. Sure its my first "Real" mac, so I dont have much to compare it to. However, I recommend this to everyone on the edge of buying one. This Machine is sweet, and so far have expiranced no problems. This is great! Thanks all for the help.

<3 my iMac

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
yeah, congrats, and glad you love it, but I too am puzzled about the "first real mac" comment. My ibook 1.33 is my only computer and I very much consider it a "real mac."

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I am puzzled as well...do iBooks not count? I guess Mac minis don't count then either, they are basically laptops.

Lol, I;m just playing. I'm glad you're enjoying your new iMac, and good luck with it! :)

macaddicted

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Down on Copperline...
I agree that the 20" Intel iMac is a nice computer. I was wowed when I went to look at it in the local Apple Store.

This is my eleventh Mac (seven desktops & four laptops), and like the others they've all been real to me. But I do see your point. When I think back to my SE and how Mac has progressed I am amazed.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Well, an iBook is a fantastic Mac, but I'm glad you love your intel iMac so much. I have one too, and it is great!!

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
haha well my "real" mac comment was more directed twords It is my primary computer and can do EVERYTHING i need it to. Well the iBook was good. The Res was not high enough for me to use all the time and I just didnt get the whole power feel behind it. With this iMac, I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.