Interface Builder 2.5 toolbars???

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Drew017, Dec 13, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

Drew017

Hello- I'd like to know how to add a toolbar to a window in interface builder 2.5. For some reason, there is no NS toolbar in version 2.5, and I'd like to know how to get a toolbar in a window. In the item inspector, there is a unify toolbar option, but no toolbar. Help!??

2. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

I tried that, but I can't get it to work, or maybe I don't know how... Can someone help!?

4. macrumors regular

If kainjow's suggestion didn't work, you'll have to create the toolbar in your code. Apple didn't add toolbar support to Interface Builder until Xcode 3.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

6. macrumors regular

I have never created a toolbar programmatically, but I guess you would add the code to the awakeFromNib: method or to the window's initialization code. The following article may help you:

NSToolbar Basics

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

I'm new to programming, and I'd like to know where I need to put the code to create a toolbar

8. macrumors regular

The article I linked to in my last post tells you where to put the code. If you're new to programming, I recommend starting with something simpler than programming a toolbar. The following article should help you:

Getting Started with Mac Programming

9. macrumors 6502a