international help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by barnacle, Sep 16, 2006.

1. barnacle macrumors regular

barnacle

OK,, i just tried to make my first ever purchase from itunes store. i was DENIED because i live in Belize. it said that itunes in not available in this country??? any suggestions? this happens alot once you toss up the name Belize.

2. f41dh1 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem as well. I live in the UK but at the same I wish I could buy TV Series and Movies from US Store. Do you guys have any ideas how to buy them??

3. JeanJPoirier macrumors newbie

JeanJPoirier

I've read about people just buying iTunes gift cards from other countries, which allows them to buy music from those countries' stores. I think that's the only solution. I doubt it would be very hard to buy those online, though. :) Might they even sell those in stores in Belize, etc.?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

JeanJPoirier is right. The easiest way is to get music form an international iTMS is via a gift certificate from someone living in that country. Thanks to the marvellous concept that is the record company, you otherwise need a local credit card and address to be able to buy music from an iTMS. :(

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It looks as though it's going to be a long time before copyrighted materials are available across country borders. I'm surprised that Apple hasn't figured out a way to circumvent people using gift cards but I think they want people to be able to get the music they want and wouldn't try to interfere, as long as the DRM is unaffected.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I guess that all they'd have to do is check the IP address downloading from that store - the BBC do it for their streaming (UK only IPs) as do the NFL for gamepass (only non-North American can get it)

I guess that they've decided it's not a big enough problem to make it worthwhile. Not to mention that it would also cut out the travelling demographic. If someone is abroad, why shouldn't they have access to their account back home to pick up a show to watch in their hotel room?

7. barnacle thread starter macrumors regular

barnacle

what sucks is that i buy all kinds of things online from here. i even bought the ipod online! my card is drawn from a IBM credit union in boulder colo,, but my billing address is here in belize. big deal,, it should effect them none. IBM is the one who send s me the statement??????
    they lost out on 0.99cents!:D

8. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

Given the limited access, it's a small wonder that "ipod fans are shunning the iTunes music store" (as the BBC reports it).

9. f41dh1 macrumors newbie

thanks Jean...I'll try do that..:D