Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diyjoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
Just took delivery of a Sony Ericsson v600i on a UK Vodafone contract. Having a bit of difficulty getting my 15" PB to connect to the internet through it.

- Vodafone live is working OK from the handset, so GPRS is set up correctly
- PB and handset are talking to each other via bluetooth
- Used vodafone settings on PB in bluetooth modem settings (number: *99#, username & password: web)
- tried all the Sony Ericsson GPRS modem scripts (CID1 through CID5)

When I try to connect I get the message from Internet Connect "The connection has failed. Please verify your settings and try again."

The problem seems to be at the PB end of things - can anyone help???

diyjoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
My impatience got the better of me again and I bought a copy of 'Mobile High Speed' for osx by novamedia (novamedia.de). They claimed it would work without any hassle and it did - installed a modem script and set up all the account details. Straight online first time.

piet

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2005
Try this...

Try Ross' scripts: http://www.taniwha.org.uk/

I did the following:
1. Used his CID2 script.
2. Entered a bogus username & password to fool the phone (as he suggests should be done with the 750).

Cheers
Paul

diyjoe said:
Just took delivery of a Sony Ericsson v600i on a UK Vodafone contract. Having a bit of difficulty getting my 15" PB to connect to the internet through it.

- Vodafone live is working OK from the handset, so GPRS is set up correctly
- PB and handset are talking to each other via bluetooth
- Used vodafone settings on PB in bluetooth modem settings (number: *99#, username & password: web)
- tried all the Sony Ericsson GPRS modem scripts (CID1 through CID5)

When I try to connect I get the message from Internet Connect "The connection has failed. Please verify your settings and try again."

The problem seems to be at the PB end of things - can anyone help???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.