Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RogerWilco6502

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2019
Tír na nÓg
Can't believe I missed this when I first joined! Music making is one of my largest hobbies. I own multiple synthesizers of varying ages and abilities and use Ableton as my main DAW. There is a lot (and I mean a lot) of 70s and 80s influence in the music I make. My 2009 MacBook is my main music maker and my setup is constantly in flux, as I don't have enough space to have everything out at once.

The nice people over at MacOS9Lives got me interested in possibly setting up an OS 9 DAW, but I haven't made it very far in that endeavor yet :p

Decoy205

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2020
New Joersey
Hi All,
Joined MR to get help with a new Mac. I’ve been using Macs to record music since the late 90s. Just got a new mini and looking fwd to discussing audio gear with everyone!

-John

• Love
Reactions: norwaypianoman

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone - I use a late-2015 iMac 27", 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

DAW: Logic Pro X
Audio interface: Apogee Element 24
Monitors: KRK Rokit5 Gen2

• Love

beatz_55

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2020
Hey everyone, what's going on?

Currently have a 13-in (2018 MBP) w/2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB of RAM.

I don't have an audio interface at the moment. I'm looking at the EVO 4 by audient and the M32 Komplete Kontrol Keyboard.

Just dl'd the Logic Pro X trial. I got back into audio production in 2005 but didn't take it super serious. I have performed in open mics since 2005. I beatbox and have been for the last 10 years. I've used Cakewalk and FL to record beats. My first recording equipment was a MXL condenser (around $50) and two-channel input Behringer (around $100).

Now I'm back to recording. I'm a fan of making beats and all that cool stuff. I've seen the evolution of digital producing in the last 15 years. It's amazing how much we can do with our phones now.

Biggest inspirations for music are Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Kanye, Babyface, The Neptunes just to name a few!

Looking forward to connecting with y'all on this awesome forum!

Cheers

• Love

blakedirksen

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2020
Iowa
Hello everyone, been a longtime Macrumors reader but just realized today they had a digital audio forum! I have been a logic pro user since about 2011 and love making music with some of my best friends growing up (we still jam and hang out and we are all about to turn 40). I am probably the old man in the forum and might have the oldest computer. MacBook pro late 2013 but thankfully I got the model with the SSD so it still runs logic well! Look forward to interacting with all of you.

• Love

kevinleecutler

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2020
Hey All,

Soon to be Mac mini M1 user here, Ive been a Mac user since 2006, first being a MacBook Pro and have been heavily into writing and recording music since.

• Love

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Can't believe I missed this when I first joined! Music making is one of my largest hobbies. I own multiple synthesizers of varying ages and abilities and use Ableton as my main DAW. There is a lot (and I mean a lot) of 70s and 80s influence in the music I make. My 2009 MacBook is my main music maker and my setup is constantly in flux, as I don't have enough space to have everything out at once.

The nice people over at MacOS9Lives got me interested in possibly setting up an OS 9 DAW, but I haven't made it very far in that endeavor yet :p

if you in audio I suggest you get education on their shareware LoopBack. Many podcasters seem to LOVE it, just YouTube the program!

norwaypianoman

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Norway
Hello!
I have composed on Apple Macintosh Performa and Cubase Lite and and Alesis QS6 synth since 2001, and later have switched to different imac and macbooks.

I compose all from church music, to ambient, and I like especially to create melodic music and melodies - improvising. I also love jazz, world music and ethnic music like chinese music and african music.

I am in my 40s, and I also love playing piano and sing. I am sort of a very serious composer, and want to move into tv, game or movie composing. But as they say - you can you do your best, but it is other people which lift you up, if you are any good.

And I have so many visions of things to do with music. So feel free to connect..

Thanks for having me..

Okla

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2021
Hello to the board! We're still using a couple of fairly old Mac MBPs -- 2011 & 2015 -- and both are serving us well via OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan). At the moment, we're trying to create a home "intranet" LAN and, ultimately, our own digital jukebox: sans internet connection. It has been a challenge, so far. We're experimenting with JRiver MC 28 for Mac, but I digress... That's possibly a discussion for a thread.

I'm looking forward to learning new things here - Okla ?

Last edited:
  • Love

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone - I use a late-2015 iMac 27", 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

DAW: Logic Pro X
Audio interface: Apogee Element 24
Monitors: KRK Rokit5 Gen2
Time to update:

2019 Mac Pro 12-core, 96GB RAM

Daw: Logic Pro
Audio Interface: Apogee Symphony Desktop
Monitors: Dynaudio LYD 48

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
Hi all! I have an M1 Mac mini that I am using with a Focusrite Scarlet solo mostly to plug in monitor speakers so I can listen with some quality. I have a little Launch Key Mini as a midi keyboard, my monitors are Mackie CR-X's. I am very amateur with music and I don't really have much of a clue, I can use Logic Pro and Ableton Live just about well enough to put a piece of music together. Its just a fun hobby of mine I have experimented with for a few years now. I have to be in the right mood to sit down and try and make something, but when I am I do enjoy it. I don't really play any instruments, a little guitar but I don't use it. I like to make noises with synths and such, that is fun.

I have some of my basic music on SoundCloud, I'm not so good, but I'm proud to have created something. It's very satisfying to create. We live and learn and I'm sure I'll pick more up as I go.

If you want to have a listen.....it's here.......https://soundcloud.com/saulelijah84

Best wishes!

Antares23

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2014
Chartres, France
Hi !
So I'm a 20 years old French DJ, I don't produce music with Logic, FL or anything, I already tried but never managed to learn how these works, I don' t have the patience.
I really prefer playing the music live rather than spending a lot of time to finally come to a result.
I'm mostly mixing Techno, Acid Techno, Hard Techno, Drum and Bass, Hardcore, Uptempo, Tribe, Frenchcore and Frapcore also, and even some more that I don't practice too often like Trance or Hardstyle.
I'm mixing on a Pioneer DDJ-SB3 and Serato DJ Pro 2.5.9 on my Late 2013 MacBook Pro, both at my house and at raves
Here's my soundcloud if some of you want to take a look at my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/blasphem

Last edited:

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I don't produce much anymore, used to though. I'm a jazz pianist so I just play at gigs & jam sessions around town.

I have Logic, MainStage, and Sibelius (I know Sibelius isn't really considered a DAW, but there we go...). Planning on studying performance in college.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.