Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nearly four months after iOS 10 was released to the public, the operating system is installed on 76 percent of active iOS devices, according to new numbers posted on Apple's App Store support page for developers.

iOS installation rates have grown significantly over the holiday period, jumping up 13 percentage points between the end of November and the beginning of January. On November 27, 2016, iOS 10 was installed on 63 percent of devices.

18 percent of devices continue to run iOS 9, and six percent of devices are running iOS 8 or earlier.

ios10installation-800x393.jpg

iOS 10 adoption rates may have seen a jump thanks to the release of iOS 10.2 on December 12. iOS 10.2 introduced several new features, including a new "TV" app, new emoji, improvements to Live Photos, and a huge list of bug fixes.

Around this time last year, iOS 9 was installed on 75 percent of active devices, so iOS 10 adoption rates have eclipsed iOS 9 adoption rates during the same time frame in 2016.

Apple has been steadily releasing updates to iOS 10, and rumors suggest we will see the first beta of the next major update, iOS 10.3, on January 10.

Article Link: iOS 10 Now Installed on 76% of Active iOS Devices

Reactions: deany

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
iOS 10 adoption rates may have seen a jump thanks to the release of iOS 10.2 on December 12. iOS 10.2 introduced several new features, including a new "TV" app, new emoji, improvements to Live Photos, and a huge list of bug fixes.

New emoji is the last reason anyone that I know updated. Honestly, none of those features were very compelling. I update now for security & bug fixes.

themick4u

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
South Florida
Whoopty Doo! How about fixing the issues with your Q&A and in my case, with Bluetooth on the brand new 7+ Intel modem units Apple!? I have submitted countless feedback requests and nothing has returned with any signs of fixing or resolution....

Reactions: cigar

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
when are we going to get the ability to default our email , maps, message, and calendar to other apps?

seriously apple - do you want me to go to android?

apple maps - decent but not great - waze is better for many of us
mail- dear god - this is absolute garbage. largely ignored by apple. gmail awesome
calendar - again garbage - apple did you forget about updating this ? google calendar is sweet
imessage - emojis - thank the lord ! - okay i still like the blue imessages - is this the only hold you have on me?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I wish I could downgrade back to iOS 9 on my iPad Mini.

iOS 10 made it almost unusable at times, especially Safari.

It is now so laggy, and the screen goes totally white when scrolling in Safari. The recent updates made the lagginess slightly better, but the iPad Mini was much more solid on older iOS 8 and 9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.