Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Since iOS 11, scheduled fetch and notifications are happening only for mails received in main Inbox and not for mails received in favorited folders on non push mail account when the sender/ recipient is not configured as VIP in native mail app.

This leaves most received mails out of the purview of scheduled fetch and notifications leaving the mail app useless.

However,in native mail app on iOS 10.3.3 and earlier,the scheduled fetch and notifications used to happen for mails received in favorited folders for even those mail accounts which do not support Push and used only fetch mode even when the sender was not configured a VIP.

Issue remains unresolved in iOS 11.3 beta 2.

Reactions: dk001

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Since iOS 11, scheduled fetch and notifications are happening only for mails received in main Inbox and not for mails received in favorited folders on non push mail account when the sender/ recipient is not configured as VIP in native mail app.

This leaves most received mails out of the purview of scheduled fetch and notifications leaving the mail app useless.

However,in native mail app on iOS 10.3.3 and earlier,the scheduled fetch and notifications used to happen for mails received in favorited folders for even those mail accounts which do not support Push and used only fetch mode even when the sender was not configured a VIP.

Issue remains unresolved in iOS 11.3 beta 2.
I know this is a big deal for you. My guess is that this was intentionally removed. Have you filed a feature request with Apple?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I check mail regularly because I have full notification for all mailbox but barely receive actual notifications. Sometimes from one recipient. Sometimes from VIP (I only have one VIP recipient and even that the notification is not always available). This notification thing is broken from iOS 9 or even iOS 7. No sign of being fixed or improved. I give up. Also, I have folders to categorize certain types of email. I will never receive any notification from them.

Reactions: dk001

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
I know this is a big deal for you. My guess is that this was intentionally removed. Have you filed a feature request with Apple?
I have also been told in one of the bug reports that it was intentionally removed.
I have also filed request with apple since August 2017.
No sign of its getting getting rectified, though.
Any guesses on it getting rectified by apple.
I only wonder why are not many other users reporting this issue on this portal?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I have also been told in one of the bug reports that it was intentionally removed.
I have also filed request with apple since August 2017.
No sign of its getting getting rectified, though.
Any guesses on it getting rectified by apple.
I only wonder why are not many other users reporting this issue on this portal?
Apparently you are in the minority of having your mail sorted before receiving it and needing this feature. I have seen no other reports regarding this other than from you. I guess Apple has decided that this wasn't really used by many folks and that's why they dumped it. Of course just a guess. But all you can do is file feature request and let it go.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Apparently you are in the minority of having your mail sorted before receiving it and needing this feature. I have seen no other reports regarding this other than from you. I guess Apple has decided that this wasn't really used by many folks and that's why they dumped it. Of course just a guess. But all you can do is file feature request and let it go.
I concur. It sucks to have a feature you've grown to rely on removed. But as @sbailey4 mentioned, there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for this feature. Supporting features that are in low demand absorbs resources, of which even Apple has finite quantities.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Previously there used to be a debate that the feature I am asking for is actually already present in iOS 11.x, and hence what I am requesting is erroneous.
Now it is heartening to find that atleast people are testifying that my request is valid. Whether it gets fulfilled or not, is another matter.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.