Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoKan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
France
Hello everybody,

I searched for this bug everywhere, and it looks like I am the only one with it, or maybe no one wants to talk about it.

I had an iPhone 7 Plus, now I have an iPhone X. On my iPhone 7 Plus, my video setting was 4K at 30 fps. Now on the iPhone X, I choose 4K at 60 fps.

BUT…

Since iOS 11, after a while, the setting resets to 1080p60 (on iPhone 7 Plus, and now on iPhone X). This problem came with iOS 11, and is still present regarding the iPhone I use.

I tried to manage if it was because I used the lock screen shortcut, or the 3D Touch shortcut on the Camera icon, but even when I normally open the Camera app, then slide to go on video, the problem is present.

Am I the only one with that thing? If we where able to change the settings quickly within the app, it would be nothing, but going to Settings > Camera > Record Video everytime is just a pain in the a**

Thank you for reading me…

Reactions: Mark Ching

Mark Ching

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017
Honolulu, HI
The Same issue has happened to me and I'm on an iPhone 7. It's been an ongoing problem the past few updates. Others have posted that they're experiencing the same problem with camera settings resetting randomly. It's annoying for sure and I don't know why Apple hasn't addressed this issue yet.

Mark Ching

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017
Honolulu, HI
I don’t understand why Apple hasn’t fixed this yet. It’s stupid. There have been several fixes released in the past month. I hate not getting what I paid for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.