Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svkrzn

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
I am so happy with my new Pixel 6, stutter and lag free experience. :D Goodbye Apple 💩
Yeah nah. I’ve tried pixel for two months, then sold it and went back to my xs. Too many crashes, issues with pixel 6 and some android updates make it worse, while some bake it better but as an australian “proverb” saying, same 💩 different device.

jonobin

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
Have someone tried iOS 16 and can report if the issue is still there? I've read people reporting that iOS 16 UI seems smoother than iOS 15

Cylu7878

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2022
Have someone tried iOS 16 and can report if the issue is still there? I've read people reporting that iOS 16 UI seems smoother than iOS 15
Yesterday, I update my mini4(A8 chip) to iOS15.6 beta3 from iOS15.5. I feel its performance has improved significantly. I will continue to observe how it performs;)
If the official version of iOS15.6 comes out, my XR will be upgraded.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I don't think buying an iPhone 13 will completely fix the issue. Safari animations still stutter a bit even with an A15 chip. It's up to Apple to optimize things a little better.

vtuberalpha

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2021
Germany
I don't think buying an iPhone 13 will completely fix the issue. Safari animations still stutter a bit even with an A15 chip. It's up to Apple to optimize things a little better.
I mean Apple's chips have been way overpowered for a while now and it's pathetic that they can't even handle simple system animations without a hitch. Apple can market their generational performance improvements all they want, but they mean nothing in practice when iOS is optimized like 💩.

severi

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2022
I totally agree with you, i have the same issue. My XS feels like a rancid degenerated 2011 Android phone since it's been updated to iOS 15. And of course there's no option to downgrade to iOS 14. Love that.

mohabsaeed

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2022
guys it's my first iphone and the last one i will buy. the problem is the just getting worse and solution till now

severi

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2022
Hi, i think i found somewhat of a workaround. It improved performance to the point where the phone is more usable. What i did is update to the latest 15.6 beta and i’ve uninstalled many apps (20 GB free). Still very stupid that that‘s even needed but yeah.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Doing a fresh restore of iOS 15 feels so different. It's way smoother at first... and then the performance degrades over time. Even the normally laggy Safari tabs are smooth.

I tried the beta of iOS 16 and it was noticeably choppier for me. At least it's still early.

jonobin

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
Just updated to iOS 15.6, and I honestly don't feel all the slugginesh reported on this thread.
Other than some animations bug opening apps with the siri search I find it more refined than iOS 14 (side note, I have ~20gbs of free space and not a lot of widgets)

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
I just came across this thread. And it’s so sad. I tried scrolling through the app switcher as fast as I could on my iPhone Xʀ on iOS 12, and it has no lag, regardless of how many apps I have in there.

I also tried closing apps by swiping. Regardless of what I opened, it’s so absolutely, buttery smooth.

My iPhone 6s on iOS 10 is blazing fast too! Yeah, Safari is tough to use, many websites don’t even open, but the rest is perfect. Keyboard has never lagged. My 9.7-inch iPad Pro on iOS 12 has occasional and noticeable keyboard lag. It had never done that on iOS 9...

Reactions: severi

severi

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2022
I really hate to be the one to say that, but it‘s planned obsolescence. The underlying hardware could EASILY handle everything without the slightest lag in almost all cases, but Apple ceases to optimize new software for ‚old‘ devices. The issue is that they don‘t allow the users to downgrade. So you‘re basically stuck with a broken and unoptimized iOS just because they say so.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I really hate to be the one to say that, but it‘s planned obsolescence. The underlying hardware could EASILY handle everything without the slightest lag in almost all cases, but Apple ceases to optimize new software for ‚old‘ devices. The issue is that they don‘t allow the users to downgrade. So you‘re basically stuck with a broken and unoptimized iOS just because they say so.
The funny thing is that some are saying their new iPhone 14 Pros are stuttering as well. It's a lack of optimization from Apple altogether.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I’ll tell you what

My WiFi has taken a beating with iOS 16. It constantly disconnects and reconnects and it forces me to use cellular data instead so it’s extremely annoying right now

I hope 16.1 fixes it on top of the battery drain

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
The funny thing is that some are saying their new iPhone 14 Pros are stuttering as well. It's a lack of optimization from Apple altogether.
Everyone here can laugh, but I'm still on 12.4 on my Iphone XS. It runs awesome and I've been afraid to update it. (WHen I ask people at apple or At&T I will hear complete opposite answers like "Don't update it now, it's going to run super super slow on the new software!", or I hear "Yes, update it, it will run quicker!"

I never liked updating because there is always a new issue. I'm a power user and am on this phone 8 hours a day for work stuff. The issue now is, some apps won't run anymore. I hate how apple basically forces you to upgrade. I wanted some opinions from the power users here.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
So hundreds of millions of phones sold and “some” complain and that’s proof enough to make a factual statement?
This is a pretty old thread, but I'm pretty sure I was writing that from first hand experience.

Reactions: I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.