Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrossplatformUsery

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2023
I have a Joyo Momix audio interface. It is bus powered by the iPhone (11) lightning cable. After the 16.5 update it stopped working/powering up. It still works when connected to a computer or powered by a wall charger. Is does not require software to function and Joyo has no support for firmware. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on these kind issues with bus powered audio devices re:iOS 16.5?

CrossplatformUsery

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2023
I have a Joyo Momix audio interface. It is bus powered by the iPhone (11) lightning cable. After the 16.5 update it stopped working/powering up. It still works when connected to a computer or powered by a wall charger. Is does not require software to function and Joyo has no support for firmware. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on these kind issues with bus powered audio devices re:iOS 16.5?

Attachments

• IMG_2890.jpeg
    IMG_2890.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 79

michaelscott91

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2021
Important warning for those downgrading back to iOS 16.5/16.5.1!**

Hey all, just wanted to share this in hopes no one else runs in to this major issue. I’ll try to keep this as short as possible. On Wednesday, I decided to update my iPhone 14 Pro max to iOS 17 beta for a quick look at what’s new and to test it out. I’ve done the same practice every year since iOS 7 where I’ll back up my device prior, update to the beta, try it for a day and roll back to the public until we are deeper in the beta cycle and things get more usable. On Friday, I did the same procedure. Dfu restored back to iOS 16.5.1. All went fine, went through the normal set up screen, attempted to sign in to iCloud and knew something wasn’t right. I keep getting an unknown error retrieving my iCloud back ups. Eventually I got in to the Home Screen, and saw a new warning badge stating “Can’t access iCloud data” as shown in the screen shot. Every time I would click continue to proceed, it would just hang and not do anything. Tested on 16.5.1, and 16.6 betas as well. I am literally locked out of all my photos, iMessages, login, passwords etc. Called Apple support and they discovered that the issue is Advanced data protection. Prior to downgrading I didn’t turn it off as I never had issues prior this year backing up and restoring. Somehow there is a bug preventing me to disable it and to have access my iCloud data again. It’s been rough as I have a small business and rely heavily on iCloud files etc. We are on day 3 now and got passed on tonApple engineers to try and did this, even they are puzzled. They had me install log collecting profiles on my device today and are still trying to solve it. Hoping they have a solution soon. This is the weirdest and most difficult bug I’ve ever encountered. If anyone happens to have any suggestions please share, and the main point of this post is to prevent anyone else from getting in to this cluster.

If you need to downgrade, please make sure you have advanced data protection toggled off!!

Attachments

• IMG_0028.png
    IMG_0028.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0007.png
    IMG_0007.png
    360.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Fordski

notgonna

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2018
iPhone 12 mini updated to iOS 16.6. Apple Watch 7 to Watch OS 9.6. I cannot ping my iPhone using the Apple Watch ping icon in the Watch's Control Center.
- Bluetooth working and shows connected to same network (reset to be certain).
- WiFi reset
- Airplane mode throttled on/off.
- iPhone Reset Network Settings.
- Followed AppleCare instruction.
- Watch's private networks tracking turned off. No difference.
- Deleted and re-paired the Watch.

Any ideas?

I don't know if this was working just prior to the updates.

Started to work.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.