Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
As someone with a current iPhone 3G S I'm looking forward to this. Multi-tasking and the ability to group applications into folders are on my "want" list.

Thankfully I'll have to wait until later this eveing to update the OS-hopefully be then the servers won't be too overloaded.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
I had the GM Candidate on my 3G and it was extremely slow for me. Texting, calling, opening apps, everything was extremely slow. Anyone with a 3G willing to let me know how this one fares out?

NArca9

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
Anyone jailbroken at 3.1.2

Is it safe to upgrade? I'm sure I'll lose my JB, but should I restore my phone before I upgrade? I don't want to brick.

BobVB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2002
Downloaded!

Like I was going to come here and talk about it before I had it in hand ;)

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Doesn't show up in iTunes for me yet. Where's my screenshot Apple!

Downloading: 2 minutes at 2 MB/s...

sputnik3

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
I'm at work, using my non-syncing computer. Can I upgrade to os4 here, or do I have to use the home syncing computer?

autrefois

macrumors 65816

As expected, Apple today released iOS 4, the company's next-generation operating system for the iPhone and iPod touch. A number of readers are reporting that the update has just gone live, although availability appears to still be rolling out across all users. Those looking for the update can connect their devices to iTunes and click the "Checking for Update" button. [...]

As always, thank you Macrumors for not only being fast in your reporting, but also explaining well what the update is, how to do it, and that some people may not see it immediately.

When I saw in another thread that iOS 4 was ready, I immediately checked Software Update and after a few seconds, realized my error and checked in iTunes. I'm sure I'm not the only one to momentarily forget in the heat of the moment, or to not remember how to update the iOS. :D

rfahey

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
I've got GM seed installed, keeps telling me my phone is up to date but i don't have ibooks :(

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
Is iBooks included in the OS or is that a separate download?

So far only iBooks for iPad is on the iTunes store.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
mine downloaded in under 5 minutes!! muahahaha if your jailbroken how does that effect your upgrade/restore?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.