Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
That question is the Most Asked since IOS 5 was released. At least 500 times, if not more. Ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

THERE IS A STICKY FOR THIS.

Mods, maybe the sticky Title should be bold & CAPS.

EDIT: I see that's not possible. Title becomes bold whenever thread is updated. NM

Last edited:

Icarus73

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
Double tap text and hold on the second tap. Instead of a circular magnifying glass, it's rectangular.

I don't know what the use is, but I just noticed it.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Double tap text and hold on the second tap. Instead of a circular magnifying glass, it's rectangular.

I don't know what the use is, but I just noticed it.

Drag and copy/cut.

----------

Anyone know to how get the quick start button for the Camera on the lock screen?
I saw it in a commercial but don't see it on my 4s.

Thanks.

Breathe on your screen and rub it with your shirt sleeve.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Read the entire thread, dont think I saw this..

When you have a alert notification at the lock screen, you can now drag the icon next to the notification to go directly to the app. When you have a missed called alert, you can drag the icon and it'll call back immediately. Where as if you use the regular unlock slider, it gets you to the phone home screen. Older OS unlocks goes to lauchpad.

Last edited:

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
in maps , if you hold down the arrow on the bottom left ... It will show compas mode. So now wherever your looking the map will move to see what direction your looking in

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Read the entire thread, dont think I saw this..

When you have a alert notification at the lock screen, you can now drag the icon next to the notification to go directly to the app. When you have a missed called alert, you can drag the icon and it'll call back immediately. Where as if you use the regular unlock slider, it gets you to the phone home screen. Older OS unlocks goes to lauchpad.

Very cool. News to me. I like it. it gets rid of some clicks and swipes.

rpeterslll

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2009
In iMessage when using iMessage to text another iOS device with iMessage, when you see the ... bubble in the conversation, it means that the other party is currently typing.

maricc

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
If you press and hold the song title or album title etc. the full name and length will appear in a black tab. You can also scroll down while holding down.

Not sure if any has said this yet.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
In iMessage when using iMessage to text another iOS device with iMessage, when you see the ... bubble in the conversation, it means that the other party is currently typing.

No, it just means they have the app open and their cursor is in the text field, doesn't actually show active typing.

trevorplease

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
If you press and hold the song title or album title etc. the full name and length will appear in a black tab. You can also scroll down while holding down.

Not sure if any has said this yet.

omfg i love you.

is this a new feature?!?!? i swear, apple never had a way to view the whole song's name EVER

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Ok, so i searched the thread and didn't find anything. This isn't really a feature, but something i just randomly noticed and thought was cool.

If you happen to grab your phone the second you get a notification and its locked, depending on the type of notification, the "slide to unlock" bar will change text.

If you get a message it says "slide to reply"

If you get an email it says "slide to read"

EDIT: Reminders say "slide to view"

however once your phone locks again and you wake up your phone and the notifications go to the "list" style in your lock screen, it will say "slide to unlock" again.

I haven't tested it with other notifications, but i really thought this was cool.

I'm doing a test to see what reminders do, i'll update this post when i see what happens (reminders only can be set for 5 min intervals when done manually) Not sure if this was in previous iOS versions but i just noticed it lol

Last edited:

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, so i searched the thread and didn't find anything. This isn't really a feature, but something i just randomly noticed and thought was cool.

If you happen to grab your phone the second you get a notification and its locked, depending on the type of notification, the "slide to unlock" bar will change text.

If you get a message it says "slide to reply"

If you get an email it says "slide to read"

EDIT: Reminders say "slide to view"

however once your phone locks again and you wake up your phone and the notifications go to the "list" style in your lock screen, it will say "slide to unlock" again.

I haven't tested it with other notifications, but i really thought this was cool.

I'm doing a test to see what reminders do, i'll update this post when i see what happens (reminders only can be set for 5 min intervals when done manually) Not sure if this was in previous iOS versions but i just noticed it lol

I'm pretty sure its always been like that.

MistaBelmont

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
In multi-tasking tray instead of closing individual apps you can use several fingers to close multiple apps at once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.