Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nate13

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2004
Fargo, ND
I am getting allot of Safari crashes and finding many videos dont run in the browser any more.
And also finding even more "apps" just dont work any more with Beta 3 (that may have worked in past Betas which makes one question is this the apps or the beta OS causing these issues).

To be honest,
Beta 1 Was interesting because it was new.
Beta 2 Seemed to offer as many fixes as it did new problems and near the end I wanted rid of it.
Beta 3 Sprinkled some new features, but again offered more problems in other key areas.

If any non developer is reading this and thinking .... I wanna try some of that, I would strongly suggest you wait.
As its often pointed out by many on here, this is software thats not designed for the mass market and in many aspects I do agree - However what I do not agree with is Apple making it harder or trying to hinder ANY user wanting to downgrade, especially in Beta software.

No developer or even private hobbyest should not have the choice to downgrade in an easy manner, if they feel the current iOS doesnt work for whatever reason.

If I didn't use my iPad for both work and experimenting - Then I would downgrade to the last iOS 4.3

iOS 5 will be good when its ready, but at present I feel needs allot more work.
I just wish there were nightly builds instead to help keep moral up.

Nevermind then... I'll stick with B2

tpabrad

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Nevermind then... I'll stick with B2

Seems to vary quite a bit. Im finding more success on B3 then B2. Some apps which didnt work since B1 was put on the device are now working on B3.

In regards to the downgrade, not sure how I did this but when going from B1 to B2 I managed to make it downgrade itself to 4.3.3. The upgrade would fail and restore to 4.3.3. After forcing it in iTunes I was able to get B2 on there. Similar issues with b3 but it didnt downgrade this time.

dopeytree

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
UK
QR codes

More out of interest...

I just noticed with the ios beta 2 that qr codes don't seem to work.

QR Codes such as these: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

For those who don't know QR codes are a bit like pixelated barcodes often found on advertising etc that can load webpages

So I was just wondering if they work again on beta 3?

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Anyone else notice notifications all messed up now? I'll get texts and I'll click on them either in notificiation center or open the messages app and read them all, but they stay unread in notification center. This annoyed me really bad so I had to switch back to beta 2 which IMO, is the most stable so far

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
Anyone else notice notifications all messed up now? I'll get texts and I'll click on them either in notificiation center or open the messages app and read them all, but they stay unread in notification center. This annoyed me really bad so I had to switch back to beta 2 which IMO, is the most stable so far

What steps did you need to do to go back to beta 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.