iPad mini iOS 6.1 iPad mini wifi issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Woomy123, Jan 30, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Since upgrading to ios 6.1 on my ipad mini I have been having some really annoying wifi issues, it continuously disconnects and reconnects to my wifi network, on top of this I am getting really slow download speeds when I test it on the speedtest app, usually I would get about 40-50mb download and 10-20mb upload but since upgrading I can now only get about 4-5mb download and about 5-8 upload, I have tested this on my iPhone and MacBook and they are perfectly fine no speed loss or disconnections so I know it's not my wifi box, is anyone else having this issue and if so has anyone found a solution to fixing it?

2. macrumors 68040

Try a hardware reset and see if that clears things up. ;)

3. Cool2zing, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013

macrumors newbie

Slo wofi on ios 6.1

I am also facing

iOs 6.0 : wifi connected but apps cannot connect to internet
    iOS 6.0.1 : wifi disconnects or some times just loading

Now iOS 6.1 : wifi connected apps also connected but very low speed . Website opens in 10 sec instead of 2-3 sec

Why is this happening i have 7 ios device and all are facing wifi issue
    P.S. apple you neet a guy from network seriously this bugs is making me feel bad

4. macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Mine only connects to 5.0 ghz wifi networks. It will only connect to 2.4ghz networks sporadically and on certain networks. It worked on both flawlessly for about a month on 6.0.2 and then stopped connecting. Now I am on 6.1 and it hasn't been better or worse. Luckily I have a 5.0ghz channel at home and it sometimes wants to connect to my other 2.4 on occasion.

5. macrumors member

I had those same wifi issues when I first bought my iPad mini last year but it went away after I got it replaced with a new one. I just updated my mini to 6.1 this morning, I'll test it out when I get home.

6. macrumors regular

I am also noticing a drop in signal of wifi on my iPad mini. In the fringe areas of my house the iPad mini seems to disconnect from the wifi network and I have to manually select the network again. It use to work great in the fringe areas where a MacBook Air gets great reception and speeds.

The new iPad gen 3 does not seem to be affected with wifi signal and iPhone 5 actually increased signal after the 6.1 upgrade!!!

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh I have to manually select my network again as well, I restored my ipad mini thinking it might solve my problem but no change :(

8. macrumors 68040

So by all of you posting are you saying that you have done a network reset and you still have issues?

9. macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I have and i have noticed that if i am really close to the router i can connect (sometimes with internet other times without). If i walk away from the router, (ipad still connected) i do not get any internet and it will drop the network. I have tried all of the guides online trying to get it to work but in the end i cant get it to go. I might try a restore one of these days and see if that fixes my problem.

10. macrumors 68040

Did you also reset your router?

If so, then backup, reinstall the OS and restore from the backup.

11. thread starter macrumors regular

I have done all this still no luck

12. macrumors member

13. macrumors 68020

Since upgrading my mini, I've actually experienced an improvement.

Now it pulls in a WiFi signal as well as my iPad 4.

What luck :D

14. thread starter macrumors regular