Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Interesting.
I am wondering if this scaling included the width.
Can you please help checking with more different resolution?
(Honestly my Mac image is not completely ready...Strange VM Tools)
Something like width=800, resolution=1920X1280...etc

I tried some more that someone suggested in another thread.
Here's the links to my posts:
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15424799/
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15425375/
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15427551/

I can give some more a try tonight.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
Screenshots of what running apps on a taller iPhone screen may look like

screen-shot-2012-08-09-at-12-12-13-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-09-at-12-24-18-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-09-at-12-26-21-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-09-at-12-28-41-pm.png

screen-shot-2012-08-09-at-12-30-28-pm.png

barryl85

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Yeh i have been proven wrong earlier. I didnt realise that.
How is the s3 by the way?? Bugs? Smooth experience? Ive never used android just heard all the crap from the fan boys.

At first it seemed almost flawless but now ive had it for a while there's a few things that are buggy/glitchy that are really annoying.

Simple things like I cannot copy or paste anything without which ever application i'm using crashing and notifications / ringtones are very buggy sometimes for example when I receive a message only a little bit of the notification sound plays randomly. Also another recent issue is when I press the home button frequently it opens a folder for no reason on the screen even if i haven't been accessing that folder.

I might factory reset to see if these issues are resolved.

Besides these little niggles I do love phone, its not as polished as iOS and I didn't think it would bother me Apple really do the right thing by updating everyone at the same time as these issues I have it looks like im stuck with them till I eventually get an update of some sort and even then who knows if it will have these fixes at all.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
http://iphonefre.com/next-generatio...-iphone-sj-in-memory-of-steve-jobs/#more-3616

Next Generation iPhone to be called “iPhone SJ” in memory of Steve Jobs?

hSyDV.jpg
Rumored image of coming iPhone from Mashable, although it isn’t looks like the rumored latest iPhone 5 leaked photos.

Apple’s Next Generation iPhone is yet anonymous, there is officially no name given by Apple. There is a lot of names circulating in the news but “iPhone 5″ is the most famous [not official]. Now “iPhone SJ” name is getting fame due the steve Jobs last work on that device, SJ stands for Steve Jobs. There is a mere possibility that the Apple will give it name of iPhone SJ.
JoqhG.jpg

A weeks later Apple staked its claim over the iphone5.com domain, which is the property of a Russian entrepreneur. Apple’s iPhone is the major source of income for the [AAPL] so Apple must dedicate its coming iPhone to its visionary Co- founder Steve Jobs. The iPhone SJ name has been confirmed by an unnamed source at Sonera, one of the leading network operators in Finland. But this is not been public yet. Lets wait and see.

EateryClub

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2012
Iphone 5 screen needs to be proportionally bigger!

My dear iphone Friends, please reply to this post and give your true unbiased opinion of this "taller 4" screen" business. Who is with me that the screen needs to be PROPORTIONALLY bigger NOT taller??!! For those of you that claim the 16:9 theory, AHH HELLO, that is exactly what we have now in the 3.5" version, so please tell me how a taller screen at the same width could remain in the 16:9 form???????!!!!! The bottom line for me is this, if all of these rumors are true, and we end up with a awkwardly looking OUT OF 16:9 PROPORTION iPhone 5 screen, I will undoubtedly be leaving the monopoly we call apple. - sorry folks, but I'm not goin to sacrifice the normal viewing angles of websites, movies and photos (not to mention taking photos!!!) come on apple?? I don't know who's with me, but I'm praying that these screen rumors end up as exactly what they are: Rumors!

EateryClub

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2012
Give this person a tissue. :D

Give this person a tissue? This person is EXACTLY correct! The screen should be proportionally bigger, not an elongated awkward rectangle - which it will be if all these rumors are true. We have a natural looking 16:9 rectangle now at 3.5 inches. Stretching it to 4 inches is stupid and probably has something to do with the tooling in the assembly line that mass manufactures the parts. Gee apple, with three quarters of a TRILLION dollars in stock market cash, YA THINK maybe you could have invested in changing the size on ALL FOUR sides of the device???????!!!!!!!

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
For those of you that claim the 16:9 theory, AHH HELLO, that is exactly what we have now in the 3.5" version, so please tell me how a taller screen at the same width could remain in the 16:9 form???????!!!!! The bottom line for me is this, if all of these rumors are true, and we end up with a awkwardly looking OUT OF 16:9 PROPORTION iPhone 5 screen

Hum... Not to rain on your little rant there, but 960x640 is not 16:9. It's 3:2. 960 is 3 times 320, 640 is 2 times 320. 3:2.

To make it 16:9, 1136x640 is the closest approximation (71 x 9 is 640ish, 71x16 is 1136ish).

Check your math before abusing your exclamation and question mark keys ;)

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
The taller screen will either make ads less intrusive, or will just encourage app developers to make their ads larger/taller... I hope it's the former, but won't be holding my breath.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.