Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seddiq

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Instagram on iPhone 3GS iOS 6 beta 3, runs smoothly. Howevre, when trying to use camera it crashes almost 99%

oh well, after a day of no activies on the phone, instagram is just working fine! maybe network reset needed! not sure though!

seddiq

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
oh well, after a day of no activies on the phone, instagram is just working fine! maybe network reset needed! not sure though!

I think there was a problem with Instagram and network on iOS 6 beta 3. whenever I change from wireless network to another, Instagram was crashing, and needed to restart the phone!

Anyways, iOS 6 beta 4 is amazingly lighter and smoother on iPhone 3GS compared to older iO6 beta versions. So far so good!

acuriouslad

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2008
Australia
So this is what I've noticed on my GSM 32gb iPad 3 so far.

• Siri is much quicker and doesnt bug out so often
  • She seems to understand me better when there is background noise
  • Still no location based reminder :(
  • Safari seems faster when displaying pages
  • Shared photo streams is finally available (wasn't even listed in settings before)
  • Home sharing is working again (previously required a reboot to see other libraries, and could not stream from them)
  • 'Purchased' tab in iTunes still says it is not available yet on iOS6
  • World clock displays the weather more quickly from force quit
  • I can no longer tap on MTA subway stations. Previously tapping on an icon would bring up its street address with an info thing, but sadly no more. Hopefully they'll add a schedule thing in future releases.
  • Now after pressing 'Start' on Maps directions, Siri starts her VoiceOver (not previously working)
  • Not sure if this is new, but while navigating the status bar turns turquoise, and allows you to touch to return to navigation if you swap to a different app
  • Maps are definitely loading more quickly and scrolling is marginally smoother
  • Some apps (Safari in particular) open more quickly with less delay
  • Still no cool changing sliders like the ones on the iPhone in the Music app :(
  • Traffic data in NYC seems more accurate
  • The App Store is much faster, I think it might end up being quicker than in 5.1.1 despite all the nice big icons
  • Currently on AT&T LTE and there's an option to turn a personal hotspot. Not sure if it works though. It just asks me to contact AT&T to set it up
  • Image uploading in Safari or Google Chrome is more stable, the browser no longer crashes

All in all I'm looking forward to the final release of this.

No location based reminders is a real disappointment for me. :(

Critterbug

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Foster City, CA
Contacts

If Apple wants us to able to use the ios devices without a computer, then why, oh why can't we manage contacts within iOS?
I use my phone for business as well as pleasure, and so I have groups in contacts. Unless I'm on my computer, I cannot move a contact into a different group, nor can I decide which group to put a new contact into unless I'm in the app itself.

Example 1:
I'm emailing a new client, they make an appointment and give me their info. Unless I want it in All Contacts, I have to wait until I get home and do it on the computer, or copy and paste back and forth between apps. There is no setting for which group to enter the contact information into.

Example 2:
A client moves out of town, but I still want their information. All I can do on the IOS device is delete them. I can't move them into my dead card group except on the computer.

Please Apple, if you really want business owners to use your ios devices, or if you want people to be able to use the devices without a computer, this is a no-brainer!
JMO ~ long time frustration. Wish Apple were listening. :rolleyes:

Critterbug

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Foster City, CA

Useful link...but this is an IOS wide issue, and the OS isn't listed. Neither is the Contacts app. So, I don't see how it would get to the right department unless I left feedback for every single iOS device.
I've also searched the forum, and this thread specifically. Since you guys are messing with iOS 6, I just thought you'd be interested in something I haven't seen addressed. Looks like it's just not on the radar.
I'm guessing this won't be in the new release, though I can't believe I'm the only one this has occurred to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.