1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iOS 6 Beta for Developers Now Available

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 11, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following the WWDC keynote, Apple has made the first developer beta of iOS 6 available through its iOS Developer Center. The beta arrives as the 10A5316k build leaked as inactive links yesterday.

[​IMG]

The beta is available for the iPhone 3GS and later, iPad 2 and later, and the fourth-generation iPod touch. Builds of the new Apple TV software for second- and third-generation devices are also available.

In addition to iOS 6 releases themselves, Apple has also released iTunes 10.6.3 for developers, as well as Xcode 4.5 developer preview.

Article Link: iOS 6 Beta for Developers Now Available

2. macrumors member

9to5Mac were spot on then.

Disappointing about the iMac though :/

3. macrumors 6502a

coder12

"I have you now" as Vader would say. I'm hesitant to switch from my Jailbreak though...

4. macrumors 6502

There is a reason they made it available for the 3GS. Apple now can get more map data from more iPhone users.

5. macrumors regular

About the time where most people on this forum wish they had developer accounts.

6. macrumors 6502

No iTunes 11? Perhaps that will be saved for the music even in September (or October like last year)

7. macrumors 6502a

SBlue1

I want iOS for the Apple tv.

8. macrumors G5

Consultant

Very tempting but I'll wait for the public release this fall.

9. macrumors member

which iPad 2 is which? is Rev A the new model or the original production?

10. macrumors regular

Anyone else getting "Access Denied" error when trying to download any of the images?

11. macrumors 603

bushido

tempted to try those new features sry, i mean product placements but it's rather pointless without running mountain lion at the same time

12. macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

About 25% remaining of the 800MB download.

13. macrumors member

Renewing membership, then it's all go!

14. macrumors newbie

I'm just sad about the iOS 6, i just can't believe....Only if they are planning another "major" update when releasing iPhone 5...damnish...:eek:

15. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Or they'll just called it iTunes X and rev it up. (kidding)

16. macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

It's downloading!!
    I'm excited!

17. macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm also getting that error. I called Apple's developer telephone support line and they told its because they're still updating the website. So even though its posted, its still not technically there.

18. macrumors newbie

Yeah I am, well confusing. I should have permissions to view it :s

19. macrumors 68030

I can't seem to grab iTunes 10.6.3. It keeps sending me to the regular page on apple.com...

20. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I guess I'm a little disappointed, but what were you hoping for? The user interface is the best in the business at this point. Why change it?

21. macrumors 6502a

Xenc

The release notes are still unavailable, but it would be interesting to see if the speculated UDID replacement is in iOS 6, and if MapKit automatically uses the new Apple tiles.

Note that it says "release version". You can download iTunes 10.6.3 from where it sends you. ;)

22. macrumors newbie

?

So when can we get this as non developers?

23. macrumors 68000

billchase2

Currently installing on my GSM iPhone 4 and my new iPad!

24. macrumors member

just downloaded it for 3gs. question is do i need intunes 10.6.3? if so the link in the members section points to 10.6

25. macrumors 6502

Rev A is for iPad 2 models bought after the new iPad was introduced.