Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wongster41

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
5:30 into the video is a dead giveaway this crap is fake, if thats not enough proof, the devteam is now claiming it's fake.

GL downloading this dream jailbreak tonight folks, because it's nothing but a dream.

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
Oh mate, don't do it ... connecting your device, full of personal info, to a bloke's "dedicated server" to perform a so-called web exploit jailbreak? I know we want that jailbreak, but I'll wait for the Dev Team or Pod2G to come up with something in their own time. It'll come, but I'm never touching a web exploit.

That's OK with us if you want to stick with your stock iPhone ;)

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
I don't have any disdain towards Musclenerd or Grant. I feel that they do not have a jailbreak, nor are working towards one. They feel the need to tweet cryptic messages such as "don't upgrade to 6.0.1." Then they don't say anything. Then they say "we need critical pieces still." Then they don't say anything. At least say "hey, we're probably not going to have anything for 6.0/6.0.1 for awhile." Rather, their egos get in the way of doing such. Meanwhile, after almost a month of no activity, Musclenerd comes out of the woodworks to actively attack DreamJB, rather than propose any solution or statement saying "Yeah, there's not going to be a JB for awhile" or "We're still working on one." They clearly have met a point where they can't progress any further but won't admit it.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
5:30 into the video is a dead giveaway this crap is fake, if thats not enough proof, the devteam is now claiming it's fake.

GL downloading whatever 'jailbreak' this guy puts out tonight, you will be disappointed.

Disappointed, and your private data in the hands of Nigerian scammers ... :D

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
it's the jb it's release musclenerd will become a hater bitch and arrogant for al hate to that guy

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
First he disabled comments on his YouTube video and then he suddenly decided to release the Jailbreak tonight. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Maybe someone posted a comment on YouTube exposing how the video was faked so he panicked and disabled comments, and just incase the information spreads he is releasing his 'jailbreak' tonight, before people stop trusting him.

Just a theory.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Oh mate, don't do it ... connecting your device, full of personal info, to a bloke's "dedicated server" to perform a so-called web exploit jailbreak? I know we want that jailbreak, but I'll wait for the Dev Team or Pod2G to come up with something in their own time. It'll come, but I'm never touching a web exploit.

Funnily enough, the WWW used to only run on people's "dedicated servers".. now, it's taboo.. how funny.

Anywho, as far as web-based exploits, I distinctly recall reading a story on this very site about someone going into an Apple Store and jailbreaking a few iPhones and iPod touches with the jailbreakme.com web-based exploit.

In short, If they are legit, there is nothing wrong with a web-based JB. Worked then, and if it works now, even better.

All I will say is this.. If this gets released tonight and it indeed works, one person's credibility is going to skyrocket, and a few others' pride will be on the line. Question is, would they do the right thing and offer an apology.

BL.

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
This is going to sound mean, but I hope you do this, mess up your computer and brick your iPhone. It's fake.

Give me ONE good reason why this is fake. Cydia icon looks ok, the lock screen is a side effect, what else?

Cassius Rich

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
I don't have any disdain towards Musclenerd or Grant. I feel that they do not have a jailbreak, nor are working towards one. They feel the need to tweet cryptic messages such as "don't upgrade to 6.0.1." Then they don't say anything. Then they say "we need critical pieces still." Then they don't say anything. At least say "hey, we're probably not going to have anything for 6.0/6.0.1 for awhile." Rather, their egos get in the way of doing such. Meanwhile, after almost a month of no activity, Musclenerd comes out of the woodworks to actively attack DreamJB, rather than propose any solution or statement saying "Yeah, there's not going to be a JB for awhile" or "We're still working on one." They clearly have met a point where they can't progress any further but won't admit it.

What does anyone need to update you on the progress? Why would they leak information or stuff they are working on to allow Apple to close the holes. Use your brain. Unless you are funding such a project you really can't do anything but sit back and wait.

But there is DreamJB and I am more than happy to see how the results are from this. I am really curious.

soxmandan

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Give me ONE good reason why this is fake. Cydia icon looks ok, the lock screen is a side effect, what else?

No, look up the proof in this very thread. Userland exploit doesn't boot the kernel in verbose, this has been stated many many times already.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012

At 5:30, the way it goes from the loading bar to the Apple logo looks really odd. I think it's fake.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Funnily enough, the WWW used to only run on people's "dedicated servers".. now, it's taboo.. how funny.

Anywho, as far as web-based exploits, I distinctly recall reading a story on this very site about someone going into an Apple Store and jailbreaking a few iPhones and iPod touches with the jailbreakme.com web-based exploit.

In short, If they are legit, there is nothing wrong with a web-based JB. Worked then, and if it works now, even better.

All I will say is this.. If this gets released tonight and it indeed works, one person's credibility is going to skyrocket, and a few others' pride will be on the line. Question is, would they do the right thing and offer an apology.

BL.

Well, I won't apologise for being sceptical, and there's no "pride" at stake. It's a hack for a phone, and if I'm being honest I'm here enjoying the banter with the community. If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't ... however, if it doesn't work, will those who defended Dream JB be as eager to "apologise" as they have demanded the sceptics do?

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
No, look up the proof in this very thread. Userland exploit doesn't boot the kernel in verbose, this has been stated many many times already.

How do we know it's a standard userland JB. Could be something else...

I know he said it was userland, but I'm just saying.

soxmandan

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Well, I won't apologise for being sceptical, and there's no "pride" at stake. It's a hack for a phone, and if I'm being honest I'm here enjoying the banter with the community. If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't ... however, if it doesn't work, will those who defended Dream JB be as eager to "apologise" as they have demanded the sceptics do?

THIS. IF, and it's a huge if, this is legit, ill gladly apologize and hell yea, a JB. But everyone crying "oh it's real just watch, idiots" better suck it if it's not. Which it isn't.

Cassius Rich

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Regardless if it is real or not, I hope those who keep saying its real actually try it and give us the real results, even if it bricks their phones or ipads.

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I really hope this ends up being real...because if not, this guy must surely have some kind of mental illness to go through all this trouble, wouldn't you think?

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Fair and legit question. I would hope the same.

BL.

perealb

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2009
For the adventurers, how about restoring iPhone as a New iPhone, remove simcard, install OSX in a separate partition, unmount all hds and devices, install itunes but not login and start the jailfake? Would that be safe?

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012

I will fully apologize if this is indeed proven fake.

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
For the adventurers, how about restoring iPhone as a New iPhone, remove simcard, install OSX in a separate partition, unmount all hds and devices, install itunes but not login and start the jailfake? Would that be safe?

There is no need for anyone on here to. Just wait half an hour after the jailbreak is released, and check on twitter. Reports will be pouring in from strangers all over the world whether it works or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.