Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Is anyone else disappointed with the Music app? It seems ... like a scaled up iPhone Music app.

I much prefer the remote app style to this:

Also some of the pinch to zoom in on photos, is gone, apart from moments; makes it disjointed getting from one photo to the collections. You pinch out, then try to pinch again, but can't so tap the back button.

I hadn't had a chance to take a look at the Music app, but ugh, thats pretty bad. Thats the one achilles heel of the iPad, they have a device that could have this amazing music app that was like a touch iTunes, but instead it always gets a scaled up iPhone app. One can only hope that this is one of the things that will change and improve over the course of the beta.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
iOS 7 actually personally looks better on the iPad. Things look cleaner and smoother. (Sadly it's laggy at the moment and doesn't actually run smoother!)

Finally notification centre takes up the whole screen!

Annoying that the bookmark is gone in safari...the only reason I use safari over Chrome is because of it..

Attachments

• IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    311.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    402.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0007.PNG
    IMG_0007.PNG
    433.7 KB · Views: 176

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
iOS 7 actually personally looks better on the iPad. Things look cleaner and smoother. (Sadly it's laggy at the moment and doesn't actually run smoother!)

Finally notification centre takes up the whole screen!

Annoying that the bookmark is gone in safari...the only reason I use safari over Chrome is because of it..

Can you post the starry iPad background? I got it for iPhone but not yet for iPad.

matthijst

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Nooo, I hope it's just not finished, though I am fearful since Ive tends to remove things deemed "unnecessary". The bookmark bar is one of the two reasons I choose Safari over Chrome on iOS (the other is speed).

Will switch permanently to Chrome if they don't bring it back when beta is over.
Yeah, trying iCab now.
Looks a lot like Safari and has a bookmarks toolbar.

Hopefully Apple will fix it in the next beta.

7S26

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Is it possible to adjust font size in safari? For some reason I recall that this could be possible in iOS 7 and also think that it would be extremely useful especially in mini.

iThink Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
Is it possible to adjust font size in safari? For some reason I recall that this could be possible in iOS 7 and also think that it would be extremely useful especially in mini.

I think it should be.....

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I know the animations are slower, but my ipad mini is slower overall. I just played mini golf and it was real choppy. Anyone else seeing this? Should try a reinstall?

xxchefxx

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Im with you I hate the way the music app looks on the on the iPad.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Music app? It seems ... like a scaled up iPhone Music app.

I much prefer the remote app style to this:

Also some of the pinch to zoom in on photos, is gone, apart from moments; makes it disjointed getting from one photo to the collections. You pinch out, then try to pinch again, but can't so tap the back button.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I wish the notes app was like the reminders app; the black, blurry thing with notes on the left and the white sheet on the other side. It's just too damn white!

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
london
Is anyone using it as a daily driver?
Would really like to install it, as it is everything I jaibreak my ipad for, other than f.lux

ej3ffrey

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
I'm using it as a dd in my mini but does anyone else's multitasking not work once in a while? It'll just show the blank wallpaper with nothing. And the inky way to get back is the home button.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Is anyone using it as a daily driver?
Would really like to install it, as it is everything I jaibreak my ipad for, other than f.lux

+1

would really like to start using this on my iPad as a daily driver.

I am on my mini, but kind of regret it. Everything works ok, but it's slow and choppy, just not the polished feel you expect from Apple. I knew its a beta and don't mind going back to unjailbroken iOS 6, do I thought I'd give it a shot. I'll give it another day or two and decide to stay or go back until a more polished beta.

Will miss iRadio if I go back, and control center, and the new Photos app:). And I like the look too, just most apps look funny when compared to new new look of iOS 7.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I must say that iOS 7 on iPad is currently very disappointing. It's everything Apple mocked in the past about Android tablets and how they don't scale the OS and apps properly for the tablet screen.

Notification Center and Siri look too blown up for my taste, and just don't utilize the space properly. Multitasking is the worst to be honest, because a) it only shows 1 and a half apps per screen and b) some apps are in portrait, and other apps are upside down, so it's currently a mess. Multitasking on iPad should be something like Mission Control on OS X. Apps like Photos and Music look scaled up iPhone apps to be honest, which is worrying if they don't change them in future betas.

Control Center is proving to be a bit problematic with games like Fruit Ninja as some swipes bring up Control Center accidentally.

I think iOS 7 on iPhone is fine, if a bit unrefined. But iOS 7 on iPad has a much more major problem in my opinion, which is utilization. They must find better ways to implement some of the features for the iPad's bigger screen.

nyjets

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2011
CT
I loved it until I found out the app "Marvin" won't work until the official release of iOS 7 (at least that's what they say on their Facebook page), and since I use that app daily to read books I had to revert back to iOS 6, but other than rendering one of my important apps useless, I really liked the feel of it on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.