iPhone iOS 7 Beta 2 - Skype

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by spooky2k, Jun 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hey all,
    I'm a registered dev but only actually have 1 single device that I use day to day and develop on (planning on getting another soon).

I use Skype a lot and had to drop back to iOS 6 to make it usable again. In Beta 1 it would crash and go back to the home screen. Is this still the case with beta 2? I'm reluctant to go with the rigmarole of restoring again to find it is the same. Thank you in advance for any help.

2. macrumors 6502

SamGabbay

Skype does indeed crash for me n iOS 7 beta 2.

3. macrumors 6502

nanolife

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you very much. Took a quick look but didn't see that. Thanks again.

----------

Is it just when you try to enter messaging like it was in beta 1? Saw some folk got it sorted by deleting and re-installing it. Does that work here?

5. macrumors P6

I believe it generally happens when trying to enter messages or recent sections.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

That was my experience too but some folk said they got it working by re-installing it.

7. macrumors newbie

Problem is Microsoft isn't going to rush to fix software on a beta version of iOS 7. And most likely they're have a visually overhauled version for the official release to make it more 'flat' so I doubt they'll fix it.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is probably all true. I found that using IM+ Pro in the meantime will solve the issue :)

9. macrumors 6502

skype only crashes when you click chat, calling and others work, just don't click recent.

10. macrumors 6502

nanolife

What you didn't see? Oo

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I looked on the forum before posting this thread and didn't see the post you linked to. I think you took my last message the wrong way :/

12. macrumors 6502

nanolife

Oh that's ok, mate. At least now you know. ;)