Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaibex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
East Sussex, UK
Has anyone noticed their device getting extremely hot after 5+ mins continuous use?

It always got hot from time to time, but seems to be bordering on too hot now. I know it's the first beta, so hopefully if it is common it will be gone by the beta 2.

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Has anyone noticed their device getting extremely hot after 5+ mins continuous use?

It always got hot from time to time, but seems to be bordering on too hot now. I know it's the first beta, so hopefully if it is common it will be gone by the beta 2.

A Reset Network Settings fixed that for me last night.

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Had this with just about every early beta release in iOS 5 and 6.

As stated above resetting network normally helps.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

I've used my phone continuously for longer periods of time and still don't notice and heat issues.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
For anyone running the beta on his iPhone 5: do you notice any sort of lag or slowdown you think is caused by a hardware limitation or is it impossible to tell because it's a beta and too early to tell? I ask because I'm considering getting an iPhone 5 soon and am wondering if I should wait for the 5S. If the iPhone 5 runs the upcoming OS well enough then it doesn't matter.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
For anyone running the beta on his iPhone 5: do you notice any sort of lag or slowdown you think is caused by a hardware limitation or is it impossible to tell because it's a beta and too early to tell? I ask because I'm considering getting an iPhone 5 soon and am wondering if I should wait for the 5S. If the iPhone 5 runs the upcoming OS well enough then it doesn't matter.

The iPhone 5 will run iOS 7 just fine. There may be one of two things that the 5s might be able to do, that the iPhone 5 can't. Who knows. If you need a new phone, no reason not to get a iPhone 5, in my opinion.

It is impossible to keep up with technology, unless one has a lot of money, and doesn't mind wasting it.

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland

Not that I noticed. Running smooth, sometimes faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.